Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless connection trouble

Wireless connection trouble

=?Utf-8?B?TmVsbHk=?=

Hi,

I have connected the wireless network through the Belkin router/modem on the
main PC and 802.1g Ralink built in wireless mini card on the laptop. All OK
until I set up the security; now I can not get a connection on the laptop
unless I start the Wireless Zero Configuration through 'services.msc'. This
is what I've got set-up on the laptop: preferred network set up 'Automatic',
Network Authentication 'Open', Data encryption and Network key the same like
the main computer. Is there anything else that needs to be enabled on the
laptop?

Could you please help, what's missing?

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
Make sure that you are using only one Wireless manger.
WZC gets it security readings from the Wireless card'd drivers make sure
that you are using in the Router a security mode that is supported by the
drivers of the Wireless computer card.
In general.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Nelly" <someone@donotspam> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I have connected the wireless network through the Belkin router/modem on
> the
> main PC and 802.1g Ralink built in wireless mini card on the laptop. All
> OK
> until I set up the security; now I can not get a connection on the laptop
> unless I start the Wireless Zero Configuration through 'services.msc'.
> This
> is what I've got set-up on the laptop: preferred network set up
> 'Automatic',
> Network Authentication 'Open', Data encryption and Network key the same
> like
> the main computer. Is there anything else that needs to be enabled on the
> laptop?
>
> Could you please help, what's missing?

=?Utf-8?B?TmVsbHk=?=

Many thanks, Jack. All sorted