Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > wireless keeps disconnection!!!

wireless keeps disconnection!!!

=?Utf-8?B?S3lm?=

hi

i have sony vaio. i reset my laptop using the recovery disk. after which i m
having problem connecting to my laptop. previously i posted a question and
with help i got my wireless working. but then now when it does work it keeps
disconnecting after 10 min. i have dowloaded drives for my wireless adaptor
and installed it but still no use. anyone who can furture help me in this,
thxs
--
any help will be great help

Barb Bowman

are you actively using the connection when this happens or not? if
not, what are the power management settings for the computer and for
the wireless card?

--

Barb Bowman
MS Windows-MVP

=?Utf-8?B?S3lm?=

yes i am actively using the connection. power management for laptop is vaio
optomise and for wireless adaptor is ticked as use default value.

thanks for u reply
--
any help will be great help

"Barb Bowman" wrote:

> are you actively using the connection when this happens or not? if
> not, what are the power management settings for the computer and for
> the wireless card?
>
> On Sat, 2 Jun 2007 02:01:02 -0700, Kyf
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >hi
> >
> >i have sony vaio. i reset my laptop using the recovery disk. after which i m
> >having problem connecting to my laptop. previously i posted a question and
> >with help i got my wireless working. but then now when it does work it keeps
> >disconnecting after 10 min. i have dowloaded drives for my wireless adaptor
> >and installed it but still no use. anyone who can furture help me in this,
> >thxs

> --
>
> Barb Bowman
> MS Windows-MVP

Barb Bowman

can you turn off power management completely to see if this is a
power management related issue?

--

Barb Bowman
MS Windows-MVP
Expert Zone & Vista Community Columnist

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
Make sure that the power saving of the Wireless card and as well as any
propriety general saving via the Sony utility takes the Network out of the
loop.
I.e. No Optimize or whatever other verbal term is used, disable saving to
anything Wireless or Network related.
In addition make sure that your Router's SSID is On and your SSID is on top
of the preferred list in the Wireless Zero Configuration.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Kyf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> hi
>
> i have sony vaio. i reset my laptop using the recovery disk. after which i
> having problem connecting to my laptop. previously i posted a question and
> with help i got my wireless working. but then now when it does work it
> keeps
> disconnecting after 10 min. i have dowloaded drives for my wireless
> adaptor
> and installed it but still no use. anyone who can furture help me in this,
> thxs
> --
> any help will be great help

=?Utf-8?B?S3lm?=

thanks for u answer, but can u tell me how i can i check router's SSID and
SSID on laptop.
--
any help will be great help

"Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

> Hi
> Make sure that the power saving of the Wireless card and as well as any
> propriety general saving via the Sony utility takes the Network out of the
> loop.
> I.e. No Optimize or whatever other verbal term is used, disable saving to
> anything Wireless or Network related.
> In addition make sure that your Router's SSID is On and your SSID is on top
> of the preferred list in the Wireless Zero Configuration.
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>
> "Kyf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > hi
> >
> > i have sony vaio. i reset my laptop using the recovery disk. after which i
> > having problem connecting to my laptop. previously i posted a question and
> > with help i got my wireless working. but then now when it does work it
> > keeps
> > disconnecting after 10 min. i have dowloaded drives for my wireless
> > adaptor
> > and installed it but still no use. anyone who can furture help me in this,
> > thxs
> > --
> > any help will be great help

=?Utf-8?B?S3lm?=

i tired to see if i can turn it off. but i cant. the only option i am getting
is to slid the bar to lowest. wht else can i try
--
any help will be great help

"Kyf" wrote:

> yes i am actively using the connection. power management for laptop is vaio
> optomise and for wireless adaptor is ticked as use default value.
>
> thanks for u reply
> --
> any help will be great help
>

> "Barb Bowman" wrote:
>
> > are you actively using the connection when this happens or not? if
> > not, what are the power management settings for the computer and for
> > the wireless card?
> >
> > On Sat, 2 Jun 2007 02:01:02 -0700, Kyf
> > <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> > >hi
> > >
> > >i have sony vaio. i reset my laptop using the recovery disk. after which i m
> > >having problem connecting to my laptop. previously i posted a question and
> > >with help i got my wireless working. but then now when it does work it keeps
> > >disconnecting after 10 min. i have dowloaded drives for my wireless adaptor
> > >and installed it but still no use. anyone who can furture help me in this,
> > >thxs

> > --
> >
> > Barb Bowman
> > MS Windows-MVP
> > Expert Zone & Vista Community Columnist
> > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...ts/bowman.mspx
> > http://blogs.digitalmediaphile.com/barb/

Barb Bowman

go into control panel and check options there for Power Management.
change to always on or permformance.

go into device manager and right click the wireless adapter after
expanding Network adapters, then select properties. is there a power
management tab? what is it set at?

On Sat, 2 Jun 2007 22:20:00 -0700, Kyf
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>i tired to see if i can turn it off. but i cant. the only option i am getting
>is to slid the bar to lowest. wht else can i try

--

Barb Bowman
MS Windows-MVP
Expert Zone & Vista Community Columnist

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
When you log to the Router's menus you would find in the wireless setup
section an entry for the SSID (read your Router's manual).
In the Wireless computer look at the Wireless Zero Configuration setting.
The preferred SSID should be in the Network connection properties, Wireless
Network tab.
It look like this, http://www.ezlan.net/wireless/wzc3.jpg