Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Gamers Newsgroup?

Gamers Newsgroup?

Richard

I'm trying to get a gamers newsgroup because I'm stuck in Quake4. I even
have the walkthroughs and I'm still stuck. Maybe that's because I'll be 60
years old next week and I'm not as slick as I once was. The Quake4 message
boards are so complex that I spent an hour on one and got nowhere and to
think I did this stuff for a living for 15 years. Yes I do feel stupid.
Please no negative remarks, I feel dumb enough already. There is a Quake4
newsgroup with my ISP provider but it only has 4 posts. Can anyone help me?

Richard

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

"Richard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I'm trying to get a gamers newsgroup because I'm stuck in Quake4. I even
>have the walkthroughs and I'm still stuck. Maybe that's because I'll be 60
>years old next week and I'm not as slick as I once was. The Quake4 message
>boards are so complex that I spent an hour on one and got nowhere and to
>think I did this stuff for a living for 15 years. Yes I do feel stupid.
>Please no negative remarks, I feel dumb enough already. There is a Quake4
>newsgroup with my ISP provider but it only has 4 posts. Can anyone help me?

For all your gaming questions http://www.gamefaqs.com/

You didn't mention your system so PC assumed
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/gen...p?board=531883

Too old to battle? you cheat
http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/dos...de/531883.html
Again PC assumed - I have Code Breaker for my PS2

--

http://heritage.stsci.edu/gallery/gallery.html

thanatoid

"Richard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:lA28i.419990$(E-Mail Removed):

> I'm trying to get a gamers newsgroup because I'm stuck in
> Quake4. I even have the walkthroughs and I'm still stuck.
> Maybe that's because I'll be 60 years old next week and I'm
> not as slick as I once was. The Quake4 message boards are
> so complex that I spent an hour on one and got nowhere and
> to think I did this stuff for a living for 15 years. Yes I
> do feel stupid. Please no negative remarks, I feel dumb
> enough already. There is a Quake4 newsgroup with my ISP
> provider but it only has 4 posts. Can anyone help me?
>
> Richard

I don't know if Quake 4 is DOS or not, but over the last few
weeks someone uploaded about 15,000 (it sure seemed like that
many) DOS games to a.b.w.ibm-pc.old icluding a CD called
gamekiller with cheats, cracks, secret info etc. Check it out.
May help.