Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Re: Getting to the root node of an xml document

Re: Getting to the root node of an xml document

Lew

Rodolphe G wrote:
> (Cross posting, sorry...)

Cross-posting, actually, wouldn't have been an issue.
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross-post>

However,
> Cross-posting stands in stark contrast to Multi-posting (whereby the same material is posted several places--without any links between the occurrences and without all information, in the form of commonly-shared reponses, available to all who read the original post).

[ibid.]

Alas, since you did multi-post, the answers got fragmented between groups
instead of unified.

One also wonders about the abrogation of karma achieved by apologizing in advance.

--
Lew

Rodolphe G

I did consider the weight of reaching more people by posting on two
groups versus the danger of getting fragmented answers. I decided to
go for reaching more people

Anyway, I got my answer :
doc.getElementsByTagName("dataroot").item(0); does actually work, my
problem was elswhere in the code. Thanks so much for your help, here's
the full story :
http://forum.worldwindcentral.com/sh...5351#post45351

Lew

Rodolphe G wrote:
> I did consider the weight of reaching more people by posting on two
> groups versus the danger of getting fragmented answers. I decided to
> go for reaching more people

Yes, but you would have reached the "more people" without fragmenting the
threads if you had cross-posted. Did you read the link I gave?
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross-post>

If you had cross-posted you'd've been fine, but that's not what you did.

--
Lew

Rodolphe G

Oh sorry, I didn't read the article entirely... I learnt something I
wasn't expecting to learn when I came here, thanks!