Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > HTTP Listener??

HTTP Listener??

Rusty Hill

Is there some tool that I can use to profile all the activity HTML, cookies,
headers, etc. that are sent back and forth to a site when I access it using
my web browser? Essentially I want to navigate a site manually in my
browser and get enough information so I can program something to crawl the
site in an automated fashion but need to know what headers and stuff to send
in my request. Thank you.

Daniel Cigic

IE Developer Toolbar

Rusty Hill wrote:
> Is there some tool that I can use to profile all the activity HTML, cookies,
> headers, etc. that are sent back and forth to a site when I access it using
> my web browser? Essentially I want to navigate a site manually in my
> browser and get enough information so I can program something to crawl the
> site in an automated fashion but need to know what headers and stuff to send
> in my request. Thank you.

Nicholas Paldino [.NET/C# MVP]

Rusty,

There are a few programs out there that will let you do this (I'm sure
there is even a firefox extension if that is your browser of choice).

For any kind of web browser though, you can use something like Fiddler
(which is free). All you have to do is run the program, and then set your
proxy settings on your web browser to point to the port and ip that the
interceptor is running on (usually the local host).

--
- Nicholas Paldino [.NET/C# MVP]
- http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

"Rusty Hill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there some tool that I can use to profile all the activity HTML,
> cookies, headers, etc. that are sent back and forth to a site when I
> access it using my web browser? Essentially I want to navigate a site
> manually in my browser and get enough information so I can program
> something to crawl the site in an automated fashion but need to know what
> headers and stuff to send in my request. Thank you.

Samuel R. Neff

Charles will record an HTTP session (set of requests) and then replay
them. That sounds like what you're asking for, right?

http://www.xk72.com/charles/

I haven't used that aspec of Charles but in general it's a wonderful
app.

Sam

We're hiring! B-Line Medical is seeking .NET
Developers for exciting positions in medical product
development in MD/DC. Work with a variety of technologies
in a relaxed team environment. See ads on Dice.com.

On Fri, 1 Jun 2007 16:23:26 -0400, "Rusty Hill"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Is there some tool that I can use to profile all the activity HTML, cookies,
>headers, etc. that are sent back and forth to a site when I access it using
>my web browser? Essentially I want to navigate a site manually in my
>browser and get enough information so I can program something to crawl the
>site in an automated fashion but need to know what headers and stuff to send
>in my request. Thank you.

RedGrittyBrick

Rusty Hill wrote:
> Is there some tool that I can use to profile all the activity HTML, cookies,
> headers, etc. that are sent back and forth to a site when I access it using
> my web browser? Essentially I want to navigate a site manually in my
> browser and get enough information so I can program something to crawl the
> site in an automated fashion but need to know what headers and stuff to send
> in my request. Thank you.

Wireshark?

I suggest Fiddler.
It's free and good.