Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > HTML tables alignment problem

HTML tables alignment problem

billsahiker@yahoo.com

Why is the top of my right-side table not even with the top of the
left-side table? I want them both to align at the top of the page, in
the content area (master page based asp project).

I have read other posts here, and Google/web, about aligning side-by-
side html tables, but my right-side table is not even with the top of
the left-side table. It is next to it, but its top edge is about 100
pixels below the top edge of the left-side table. I have tried every
trick I know, including style="positon:absolute; top: 0px;" I am using
an outer table with one row and two cells, each with a table in it.
The outer table and left table have no styling, size or postioning
elements at all.
The right table has just the above style.

The nested table works great in straight html, but in my asp project.

Can anyone please help?

Bill

tomisarobot@gmail.com

in your outer table give the tds this property:

valign="top"

html vertically aligns tds to middle by default.

billsahiker@yahoo.com

On Jun 1, 12:14 pm, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> in your outer table give the tds this property:
>
> valign="top"
>
> html vertically aligns tds to middle by default.

That worked. Thanks.

Superscript (<sup>) and middle alignment in tables jodleren HTML 12 01-04-2008 01:22 AM
HTML Image Alignment RigasMinho HTML 3 10-25-2006 12:15 PM
How to get database metadata information (i.e. existing tables and columns in tables) Chris Brat Python 5 08-22-2006 05:25 PM
Tables within tables Otuatail HTML 7 08-02-2004 04:42 AM
Text after 2 tables actually appears between 2 tables ! Peter Bassett HTML 3 08-15-2003 06:46 PM

Advertisments