Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Timeout and Firefox

Timeout and Firefox

Victor

my website is based on form authentication. in my web.config I have
something like
<authentication mode="Forms">
<forms name=".ASPXAUTH"
loginUrl="~/modules/Login.aspx"
protection="All"
timeout="20"
/>
</authentication>
Everytime user timeout, the system will kick him back to the login page and
asked them to sign in again. it works fine for IE and safari. But in Firefox
funny thing happen, everytime it's timeout and I tried to login again. error
comes out. the error message is

Validation of viewstate MAC failed. if this application is hosted by a web
farm or
cluster, ensure that<machinekey> configuration specifies the same
validationkey and validation
algorithm.
autogenerate can not be used in a cluster.

I do not have webfarm in my development environment.
In my login page, I put a login control with totally customized template
inside a updatepanel. Can anyone help me on this? why this happen and how to
resolve this?

Thx a lot
Victor

Walter Wang [MSFT]

Hi Victor,

I tried using a very simple web site and wasn't able to reproduce the issue
you mentioned using FireFox 2.0. Would you please tell me more about how to
reproduce the issue on my side? Thanks.

Regards,
Microsoft Online Community Support

Victor

Hi Walter:
I really dont know how to give you much more details about this error. I
posted most of my code in my previous page. But I found a new thing about
this error, It maybe only happens in Winxp. Coz I tried my code in one of my
2003 server. and it seems working fine. But I am not quite sure it's xp
cause this problem.

Do you have any idea why this happen?
Cheers
Victor

"Walter Wang [MSFT]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Victor,
>
> I tried using a very simple web site and wasn't able to reproduce the
> issue
> you mentioned using FireFox 2.0. Would you please tell me more about how
> reproduce the issue on my side? Thanks.
>

> Regards,
> Walter Wang ((E-Mail Removed), remove 'online.')
> Microsoft Online Community Support

> rights.

Walter Wang [MSFT]

Hi Victor,

I don't think there will be much difference between how IE and Firefox
handles session timeout. When a session timeout, the server will return an
error and redirect to the login page. This is all very basic http
operations, and it should not relate to the server.

Is it possible that you're using some addon/extension in your Firefox
installation that might interfere with this?