Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Qualifying as a Mcse windows architect consultant

Qualifying as a Mcse windows architect consultant

Jul

I have seen a few vacancies for an mcse windows architect consultant
but I do not see anyaccredited qualification in that area, does anyone
have any idea how to go about obtaining a qualification in this field?

Rowdy Yates

Jul wrote:

> I have seen a few vacancies for an mcse windows architect consultant
> but I do not see anyaccredited qualification in that area, does anyone
> have any idea how to go about obtaining a qualification in this field?

first, go to this link and find the certification you want to pursue and
read up on what exams and what courses or books you need to get.
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/default.asp

once you are ready to take an exam, you can book it at:
http://www.vue.com/
http://www.prometric.com/

there is no right or wrong way to learn. everyone is different.

you can go to a tech/comp school/college and spend a lot of money for them
to teach you. basically, they have a lab environment and they get
courseware (books!) from microsoft and you follow along with the
courseware. they also usually handle the exam booking for you.

or you can buy study guides and study on your own to save money.
study guides are available from microsoft or from book publishers that
specialize in the certification field. coriolis. sybex. do a search for
"mcse" on www.amazon.com. try this link, if it works??
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/se...723118-2521723

if you do it on your own, try to create your own lab environment as much as
possible. if you don't have multiple machines and networking gear, at
least, install the software and try to do as much as you can with it.

also make sure you take exam prep/software simulation tests before you take
the real exam. make sure you are getting at least 90% on the simulations
before taking real exams. the passing mark on all microsoft exams is
700/1000.

microsoft exams are not very difficult. there is no reason to cut corners.
there is a cheating problem with the MCSE certification. everyone knows it
- even the people doing the hiring. it's in your best interest to learn the
materials as best as you can for future job interviews because the
interviewers will look for signs of cheating. if they think you cheated,
you will obviously not get hired.

-
Rowdy Yates, MCNGP #39
http://www.mcngp.com/

Ken Briscoe

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
Rowdy Yates <(E-Mail Removed)> rambled:

> there is no right or wrong way to learn. everyone is different.

Unless you're being a stickler on the definition of the word "learn", then
there is a right and a wrong way.

--

KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

Briscobar AT gmail DOT com

Rowdy Yates

Ken Briscoe wrote:

> In news:(E-Mail Removed),
> Rowdy Yates <(E-Mail Removed)> rambled:
>>
>> there is no right or wrong way to learn. everyone is different.
>>

> Unless you're being a stickler on the definition of the word "learn", then
> there is a right and a wrong way.

well, hold on, lemme get a pint of keiths before we start this thread.

--
Rowdy Yates, MCNGP #39
http://www.mcngp.com/

=?Utf-8?B?Um9uYXRob3NwaWNl?=

you have GOT to be kidding!

"Jul" wrote:

> I have seen a few vacancies for an mcse windows architect consultant
> but I do not see anyaccredited qualification in that area, does anyone
> have any idea how to go about obtaining a qualification in this field?

JaR

In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Jul climbed on a soapbox & opined:

> I have seen a few vacancies for an mcse windows architect consultant
> but I do not see anyaccredited qualification in that area, does anyone
> have any idea how to go about obtaining a qualification in this field?

Wow.

*Wanders off muttering*

JaR
Unintelligible Thug

Rowdy Yates

JaR wrote:

> In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Jul climbed on a soapbox & opined:
>
>> I have seen a few vacancies for an mcse windows architect consultant
>> but I do not see anyaccredited qualification in that area, does anyone
>> have any idea how to go about obtaining a qualification in this field?

> Wow.
>
> *Wanders off muttering*
>
> JaR
> Unintelligible Thug

you guyz are meannies. and i tried to help him/her/it.

(i got more meds - can you tell?)
--
Rowdy Yates, MCNGP #39
http://www.mcngp.com/
btw - my certs are: MCSE, CISSP, Security+, Linux+
currently studying for PMP
one day hope to get CCIE

JaR

In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Rowdy Yates climbed on a soapbox &
opined:

> you guyz are meannies. and i tried to help him/her/it.
>
> (i got more meds - can you tell?)

Pass a couple over here man. Reality is a little strong today.

JaR
Disgruntled Thug

Rowdy Yates

JaR wrote:

> In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Rowdy Yates climbed on a soapbox &
> opined:
>
>> you guyz are meannies. and i tried to help him/her/it.
>>
>> (i got more meds - can you tell?)

> Pass a couple over here man. Reality is a little strong today.
>
> JaR
> Disgruntled Thug

here you go.
*rowdy passes the dutchie*
there is nothing soem good 'ole crack cocaine can't fix.

--
Rowdy Yates, MCNGP #39
http://www.mcngp.com/
btw - my certs are: MCSE, CISSP, Security+, Linux+
currently studying for PMP
one day hope to get CCIE

Keyboard Cowboy

GOOD LUCK IN PRISON!!!