Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Edit MP3's 'Insides"

Edit MP3's 'Insides"

Luke O'Malley

I have a number of MP3 files and there are basically two types.
First I have the kind that if I put my cursor over the file ('select
it') it reveals the song, album, date, artist, etc., and another
that gives practically no info. Can the 'no info' file be edited so
it gives the same kind of info as the former? How? Do I need
special software?

Goodwill,
Luke

Evan Platt

On Thu, 31 May 2007 20:45:51 GMT, Luke O'Malley
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have a number of MP3 files and there are basically two types.
>First I have the kind that if I put my cursor over the file ('select
>it') it reveals the song, album, date, artist, etc., and another
>that gives practically no info. Can the 'no info' file be edited so
>it gives the same kind of info as the former? How? Do I need
>special software?

That's a MP3 Tag. Use a mp3 tag editor.

-Art- (not Art)

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

|:I have a number of MP3 files and there are basically two types.
|:First I have the kind that if I put my cursor over the file ('select
|:it') it reveals the song, album, date, artist, etc., and another
|:that gives practically no info. Can the 'no info' file be edited so
|:it gives the same kind of info as the former? How? Do I need
|:special software?
|:
|:Goodwill,
|:Luke
|:

Mp3tag is a powerful and yet easy-to-use tool to edit metadata (ID3,
Vorbis Comments and APE) of common audio formats. It can rename
files based on the tag information, replace characters or words from
tags and filenames, import/export tag information, create playlists
and more. The program supports online freedb database lookups for
selected files, allowing you to automatically gather proper tag
information for select files or CDs.

http://www.mp3tag.de/en/

-Art- (not Art)