Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Report binding to Objects

Report binding to Objects

Gene

In the WinForm you can select an Object as a datasource for Report. I
can not find such options in Report datasource in web forms. Can
reports in ASP.net project have objects such as iList as Datasource or
do I need third party software such as Report Sharp Shooter?

Thankx

Mike

There is a ReportViewer object for web forms, check that out and see if that
works for what you need.

"Gene" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> In the WinForm you can select an Object as a datasource for Report. I
> can not find such options in Report datasource in web forms. Can
> reports in ASP.net project have objects such as iList as Datasource or
> do I need third party software such as Report Sharp Shooter?
>

> Thankx

Gene

Mike;

I have tried that however it complains that datasource is not properly
set for the report. The Web reports looks for typed dataset mapping.
I have never encountered an example that does not require you to
create a Type Dataset as a datasource first.