Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > pixel problem?

pixel problem?

bv

Hi,

for some of the photos taken using my eos 20d, i have started noticing
a black spot. please see the photos in my flickr set:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/_apertu...7600293059088/

i started noticing it recently and seem to be visible under some
exposures. size seems to change (though i am not very sure of it!).
i first suspected some particle on the lens, but i tried with
different lenses, and the problem seem to be there irrespective of the
lens used. what might be the problem here? any help appreciated.

thanks,
bala

Jim Townsend

bv wrote:

> Hi,
>
> for some of the photos taken using my eos 20d, i have started noticing
> a black spot. please see the photos in my flickr set:
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/_apertu...7600293059088/
>
> i started noticing it recently and seem to be visible under some
> exposures. size seems to change (though i am not very sure of it!).
> i first suspected some particle on the lens, but i tried with
> different lenses, and the problem seem to be there irrespective of the
> lens used. what might be the problem here? any help appreciated.

It looks like a speck of dust on your sensor.. See below:

X-Man

On Thu, 31 May 2007 14:58:33 -0500, Jim Townsend <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>bv wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> for some of the photos taken using my eos 20d, i have started noticing
>> a black spot. please see the photos in my flickr set:
>>
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/_apertu...7600293059088/
>>
>> i started noticing it recently and seem to be visible under some
>> exposures. size seems to change (though i am not very sure of it!).
>> i first suspected some particle on the lens, but i tried with
>> different lenses, and the problem seem to be there irrespective of the
>> lens used. what might be the problem here? any help appreciated.

>It looks like a speck of dust on your sensor.. See below:
>
>http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search

OH NO!

Yet another many days/weeks of photographs ruined by dust on a DSLR sensor? Only
to be discovered AFTER returning from a vacation or extensive and important
once-in-a-lifetime photography trek into some remote region? Photos that could
never be duplicated again, destroyed by something as simple as a micro-specks of
dust on a DSLR sensor from HAVING TO change over-priced and over-weight lenses
on that fancy and overpriced DSLR body?

If the "rare" (cough) reports of this keep up people might just end up switching
to advanced P&S cameras with sealed lens systems.

Oh wait. They already have. Those photographers that are smart enough and care
more about their photography than trying to impress others with dust-crippled,
overpriced, overweight hardware that they can buy, so they can look like a
"photographer" -- and yet never actually be one.

DSLR = a $5000 useless, backbreaking, gawdy necklace.

John McWilliams

Post your proof, you addled ****!

--
lsmft