Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Volume control in toolbar

Volume control in toolbar

=?Utf-8?B?U3RldmU=?=

Because this is a ridiculous OS, I had to reinstall it. After that, however,
I lost basic volume control in my toobar. When I tried to add it, the program
wouldn't let me, instead giving me an error message that said "Volume control
has not been installed." MS people told me to ask someone else.
So two things here: 1) What the hell does it mean by "not been installed?"
and 2) How do I rectify this stupidity?

Anyone? Please?

Theo

Why don't you help a little by telling us exactly what
operating system you have installed?

Steve wrote:
> Because this is a ridiculous OS, I had to reinstall it. After that, however,
> I lost basic volume control in my toobar. When I tried to add it, the program
> wouldn't let me, instead giving me an error message that said "Volume control
> has not been installed." MS people told me to ask someone else.
> So two things here: 1) What the hell does it mean by "not been installed?"
> and 2) How do I rectify this stupidity?
>
> Anyone? Please?

=?Utf-8?B?U3RldmU=?=

Windows XP Pro 5.1

"Theo" wrote:

> Why don't you help a little by telling us exactly what
> operating system you have installed?
>
> Steve wrote:
> > Because this is a ridiculous OS, I had to reinstall it. After that, however,
> > I lost basic volume control in my toobar. When I tried to add it, the program
> > wouldn't let me, instead giving me an error message that said "Volume control
> > has not been installed." MS people told me to ask someone else.
> > So two things here: 1) What the hell does it mean by "not been installed?"
> > and 2) How do I rectify this stupidity?
> >
> > Anyone? Please?

=?Utf-8?B?Umh1YmFyYg==?=

"Steve" wrote:

> Because this is a ridiculous OS, I had to reinstall it. After that, however,
> I lost basic volume control in my toobar. snip

see this post in XP Basics; volume control won't install missing SndVol32
files\
I had the same problem. Extract the file from the CD and install it into the
system files. Just be sure you change the name from sndvol32.ex_ to
sndvol32.exe in the system files. OH< Maybe the file name is sndvol64.ex_ in
the I386 cab files on the CD...be sure you have the right one.