Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > __EVENTTARGET correct but events don't fire and IsPostback == false?

__EVENTTARGET correct but events don't fire and IsPostback == false?

Kenneth Baltrinic

I am having a very odd problem. On a page that was working until very
recently we are now encountering the following situation:

The page is a very basic fill in the blank form used for changing ones
password in a forms based authentication scenario. After the user fills out
the form and clicks the Change Password button, the page simply reloads as
if nothing happened. We turned on page tracing and also added the following
lines to the PageLoad event:

Trace.Write( Request.Form["__EVENTTARGET"] );
Trace.Write( cmdChangePassword.UniqueID );
Trace.Write( Page.IsPostback );

From which we get:
ctl00$cphMain$cmdChangePassword
ctl00$cphMain$cmdChangePassword
false

The first two values tell me that IsPostback should be true and that the
cmdChangePassword click event should fire. But IsPostback is false and the
cmdChangePassword_OnClick event handler is never called.

As I said this was working and now suddenly stopped. Any ideas?

--Ken

bruce barker

if ispostback is false no events will fire. it based on __viewstate
being in the form data.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)