Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Generic code to scan and display folders\Docs

Generic code to scan and display folders\Docs

=?Utf-8?B?Tkg=?=

Hi,

I am looking for some code that would scan a folder structure and files in
those folders and display them on a web page so that people can click on the
file links and open the files. There may be multiple folders beneath each
folder etc.

Anyone know of any such code, preferable vb.net (ASP.Net 2.0)

thanks

John Timney \(MVP\)

Theres a million examples of how to do this, I would start by reading up on
what treeview can do in asp.net 2.0 and see if you can find an example that
bidns it to a directory

http://quickstarts.asp.net/QuickStar.../treeview.aspx

Regards

John Timney (MVP)
http://www.johntimney.com
http://www.johntimney.com/blog

"NH" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I am looking for some code that would scan a folder structure and files in
> those folders and display them on a web page so that people can click on
> the
> file links and open the files. There may be multiple folders beneath each
> folder etc.
>
> Anyone know of any such code, preferable vb.net (ASP.Net 2.0)
>
> thanks

ottawa_six_pack

Buddy, just do a quick search on the net for the ASP.Net Treeview
control

=?Utf-8?B?Tkg=?=

thanks guys, I forgot about the Treeview control