Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > CISA/CISSP for MCSE:Security

CISA/CISSP for MCSE:Security

=?Utf-8?B?VmVzYSBQeXlsdW9tYQ==?=

The Certification Planner dialog in MCSE member website lists CISA and CISSP
certifications as possible choices for elective exams ("Security Group 2")
for MCSE:Security, similar to e.g. CompTIA Security+.

However there is no mention of such possibility in the public MCSE webpages
that spell out the different options for certification. For example, see the
page below:
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...ndows2000.mspx

So which way is it, then? If you are a CISA/CISSP, can you waive one or both
of the elective exams to attain MCSE:Security certification? If this is
possible, how should you submit your certification to Microsoft for
consideration?

Mostly Gizzards

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/partners.mspx

MG

"Vesa Pyyluoma" <Vesa http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The Certification Planner dialog in MCSE member website lists CISA and
> CISSP
> certifications as possible choices for elective exams ("Security Group 2")
> for MCSE:Security, similar to e.g. CompTIA Security+.
>
> However there is no mention of such possibility in the public MCSE
> webpages
> that spell out the different options for certification. For example, see
> the
> page below:
> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...ndows2000.mspx
>
> So which way is it, then? If you are a CISA/CISSP, can you waive one or
> both
> of the elective exams to attain MCSE:Security certification? If this is
> possible, how should you submit your certification to Microsoft for
> consideration?

=?Utf-8?B?VmVzYSBQeXlsdW9tYQ==?=

Yep, I checked that one already; that is probably where the CISA/CISSP link
_should_ be explained. However there are only references to CompTIA stuff
there on the page, nothing at all on the other certifications. So we are back
to square one.

VP

"Mostly Gizzards" wrote:
> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/partners.mspx
>
> MG

Mostly Gizzards

Well,

I called Microsoft for you, and (bear in mind I only spoke to one person)
was informed that as of one month (or so) ago, the CISSP will not be
accepted for any certification, and the certification planner is going
through an update, which will remove the CISA,CISSP,etc certifications from
the list. She told me that in the future, only CompTIA exams will be
accepted for certification purposes.

I was actually fairly shocked to hear that, but thats what my one call told
me. It's possible I could call a few more times and get some more/different
answers but I just couldnt' bring myself to do it at the moment.

If someone could confirm/deny what I was told, I would really appreciate it!

MG

news:(E-Mail Removed)...