Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Any experience with TVboxset.com?

Any experience with TVboxset.com?

Stan Brown

I want to get an old show on DVD that hasn't been released (and
probably won't be). When I googled, the first sponsored hit was
TVboxset.com. They offer a 30-day money-back guarantee, which sounds
good, but before I order I wonder if anyone has had experience with
them, good or bad.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/

Amazing Larry

On May 31, 4:01 am, Stan Brown <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I want to get an old show on DVD that hasn't been released (and
> probably won't be). When I googled, the first sponsored hit wasTVboxset.com. They offer a 30-day money-back guarantee, which sounds
> good, but before I order I wonder if anyone has had experience with
> them, good or bad.

> http://OakRoadSystems.com/
> DVD FAQ:http://dvddemystified.com/dvdfaq.html
> other FAQs:http://oakroadsystems.com/genl/faqget.htm

SCAM TVBOXSET.COM!!!!!!! FRAUD
They are a fraudulent company. Google them... you'll find out. I was
ripped off $109 from them. I purchased a Smurf DVD and never received
it.

Stan Brown

Thu, 31 May 2007 07:01:11 -0400 from Stan Brown
<(E-Mail Removed)>:
> I want to get an old show on DVD that hasn't been released (and
> probably won't be). When I googled, the first sponsored hit was
> TVboxset.com. They offer a 30-day money-back guarantee, which sounds
> good, but before I order I wonder if anyone has had experience with
> them, good or bad.

I should have Googled first. This is a bad, bad company if even a
quarter of the comments are to be believed.

And I think they are. The "Contact Us" page at the site has no phone
number and no physical address. The whois record shows it's a proxy
registration, with no actual contact information.

Sorry -- if I'd checked first I wouldn't have needed to post a query.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/

Amazing Larry

On May 31, 4:01 am, Stan Brown <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I want to get an old show on DVD that hasn't been released (and
> probably won't be). When I googled, the first sponsored hit wasTVboxset.com. They offer a 30-day money-back guarantee, which sounds
> good, but before I order I wonder if anyone has had experience with
> them, good or bad.

> http://OakRoadSystems.com/
> DVD FAQ:http://dvddemystified.com/dvdfaq.html
> other FAQs:http://oakroadsystems.com/genl/faqget.htm

SCAM TVBOXSET.COM!!!!!!! FRAUD
They are a fraudulent company. Google them... you'll find out. I was
ripped off $109 from them. I purchased a Smurf DVD and never received
it.

kaboom

On Thu, 31 May 2007 07:01:11 -0400, Stan Brown
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I want to get an old show on DVD that hasn't been released (and
>probably won't be). When I googled, the first sponsored hit was
>TVboxset.com. They offer a 30-day money-back guarantee, which sounds
>good, but before I order I wonder if anyone has had experience with
>them, good or bad.

**Hi Stan. Have you tried asking around in alt.video.tape-trading?
There are many decent VHS/DVD traders there that can help you or
perhaps point you in the right direction.

kaboomie

Stan Brown

Fri, 01 Jun 2007 02:42:01 GMT from kaboom
<(E-Mail Removed)>:
> On Thu, 31 May 2007 07:01:11 -0400, Stan Brown
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >I want to get an old show on DVD that hasn't been released (and
> >probably won't be). When I googled, the first sponsored hit was
> >TVboxset.com. They offer a 30-day money-back guarantee, which sounds
> >good, but before I order I wonder if anyone has had experience with
> >them, good or bad.

> **Hi Stan. Have you tried asking around in alt.video.tape-trading?
> There are many decent VHS/DVD traders there that can help you or
> perhaps point you in the right direction.

Thanks for the tip.

I've got about half the episodes on VHS recorded off the air. I'll
check out that group.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/