Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Ring group

Ring group

Hongtian

When receives an incoming call, the users in the same group will ring
at the same time. If one user pick up the call, others will be
released.

Very interesting and useful. Refer to following document:

http://www.myvoipapp.com/docs/mss_se...ring_group.htm

Brian A

On 31 May 2007 03:43:51 -0700, Hongtian <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>When receives an incoming call, the users in the same group will ring
>at the same time. If one user pick up the call, others will be
>released.
>
>Very interesting and useful. Refer to following document:
>
>http://www.myvoipapp.com/docs/mss_se...ring_group.htm

This is a standard function for Asterisk/Trixbox - what is the purpose
of this post???

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

Sign petition to get High Definition TV via Freeview.
Ofcom want to aution off the spectrum needed for Hi Def
TV.

Linker3000

Brian A wrote:
> On 31 May 2007 03:43:51 -0700, Hongtian <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>> When receives an incoming call, the users in the same group will ring
>> at the same time. If one user pick up the call, others will be
>> released.
>>
>> Very interesting and useful. Refer to following document:
>>
>> http://www.myvoipapp.com/docs/mss_se...ring_group.htm

> This is a standard function for Asterisk/Trixbox - what is the purpose
> of this post???

That was a public information posting from the Department of the Bleedin
Obvious.

Next: Keying in the number of another extension on your telephone may
cause another one elsewhere to ring.

Jono

Linker3000 wrote :
> Brian A wrote:
>> On 31 May 2007 03:43:51 -0700, Hongtian <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> When receives an incoming call, the users in the same group will ring
>>> at the same time. If one user pick up the call, others will be
>>> released.
>>>
>>> Very interesting and useful. Refer to following document:
>>>
>>> http://www.myvoipapp.com/docs/mss_se...ring_group.htm

>> This is a standard function for Asterisk/Trixbox - what is the purpose
>> of this post???
>>

> That was a public information posting from the Department of the Bleedin
> Obvious.
>
> Next: Keying in the number of another extension on your telephone may cause
> another one elsewhere to ring.

In fairness, Hongtian's post was, I suspect, a reply to the thread
"Does anyone produce a all in one DECT, PSTN & VoIP answer phone?".
Unfortunately, because he changed the subject line & snipped
everything, it appeared as a completely new thread.

Lurch

On Mon, 04 Jun 2007 18:53:59 +0100, Jono <(E-Mail Removed)>
mused:

>Linker3000 wrote :
>> Brian A wrote:

>>> This is a standard function for Asterisk/Trixbox - what is the purpose
>>> of this post???
>>>

>> That was a public information posting from the Department of the Bleedin
>> Obvious.
>>
>> Next: Keying in the number of another extension on your telephone may cause
>> another one elsewhere to ring.

>In fairness, Hongtian's post was, I suspect, a reply to the thread
>"Does anyone produce a all in one DECT, PSTN & VoIP answer phone?".
>Unfortunately, because he changed the subject line & snipped
>everything, it appeared as a completely new thread.

Looks more like an attempt at spam. There is no References: in the
header for a start, and the OP doesn't answer the question "Does
anyone produce a all in one DECT, PSTN & VoIP answer phone?" either.
--
Regards,
Stuart.

Hongtian

> Looks more like an attempt at spam. There is no References: in the
> header for a start, and the OP doesn't answer the question "Does
> anyone produce a all in one DECT, PSTN & VoIP answer phone?" either.
> --
> Regards,
> Stuart.

I have posted a reply to the thread "Does anyone produce a all in one
DECT, PSTN & VoIP answer phone?" and suggested to apply ring group to
resolve that problem. And I think maybe others also interesting in
this so I post this thread and give more details about this.

But since it looks like a spam, I suggest administrator to delete this
thread.

Thanks Jono, you are very kindness.

Lurch

On Tue, 05 Jun 2007 08:20:48 -0000, Hongtian <(E-Mail Removed)>
mused:

>> Looks more like an attempt at spam. There is no References: in the
>> header for a start, and the OP doesn't answer the question "Does
>> anyone produce a all in one DECT, PSTN & VoIP answer phone?" either.
>> --
>> Regards,
>> Stuart.

>I have posted a reply to the thread "Does anyone produce a all in one
>DECT, PSTN & VoIP answer phone?" and suggested to apply ring group to
>resolve that problem. And I think maybe others also interesting in
>this so I post this thread and give more details about this.
>
>But since it looks like a spam, I suggest administrator to delete this
>thread.
>
>Thanks Jono, you are very kindness.

lol
--