Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Multiple java applications file association problem in one JNLP?

Multiple java applications file association problem in one JNLP?

yp.yean@gmail.com

Hello , all

I have a problem in JWS with file association and main-class. I have a
java application that has two entry classes, one is appmain.class that
is required to launch from web, and the other is player.class that is
required to launch when user double-click the .abc extension file.

In JWS 5.0+, there is a association element in JNLP syntax that can be
used to make the file association with .abc extension. But how can I
declare the main-class in JNLP file?

If I declare the application-desc element as <application-desc main-
class="player">, the player.class will be launched from web. But if I
declare it as <application-desc main-class="appmain">, the .abc
extension wil be associated to the appmain.class.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Thank you for your kindly
help.

Tom Hawtin

> I have a problem in JWS with file association and main-class. I have a
> java application that has two entry classes, one is appmain.class that
> is required to launch from web, and the other is player.class that is
> required to launch when user double-click the .abc extension file.

Can't you just check the length of the 'args' array passed to your main?

Tom Hawtin