Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Active X

Active X

=?Utf-8?B?am9obg==?=

Hello all

I have just reinstalled windows xp pro x64 edition back on my machine, it
installs fine, asks me to activate windows, which always works, and alows me
to download and install all the updates and sp2 .

But the problem I am Having is when i go to download anything from microsoft
for example defender x64 or media player x64 it fails on a active x problem
then tells me that my windows is not activated, i then use there online
validation to check, and that fails as well, even though it has activated, i
have even checked the activation on the machine and that tells me it has
activated

Now i have been through there solutions and changed various settings, on
there help pages regarding active x problems, i have tried reinstalling
windows well over 5 times, even used another machine to totally clean and
hard format, have used the full format option before installing, but i am
still having problems.

Any help that you could give me would be appreciated