Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > should # of DHCP included wired connections?

should # of DHCP included wired connections?

=?Utf-8?B?Vml2aWFuaw==?=

I read your ezlan.net security instructions and one of your suggestions for
security is to "Set the DHCP to the same number of computers that you have on
your Network" I have 3 computers on my network, one wired and two wireless.
Do I set it for 3 or do I just need to count the 2 wireless connections?
Sorry, dumb question I know.

By the way, the article was great. It answered a lot of questions for me.

Vivian K

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
The DHCP is providing IPs to a computer, it does not matter if it is
connected via wire or wireless.
Number of Wireless Computer + Number of Wired Computers = Number of IPs
available via DHCP.
So in your case it is 3.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

news:(E-Mail Removed)...