Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > OT: GWB's Politics

OT: GWB's Politics

Jtyc

> 2 weeks in 20 years (man I need a break)

I bet it was president Bush's fault too. That sumbitch.

*vzzzzzzzzzzz... plop. chicksh.... glub glub. Ah...*

Brinson Gebblehoff

news:Xns9597AC9639972neilmcsegmailcom@207.46.248.1 6...
> incase you missed it "Jtyc" <jtyc_mcngp@spamblockerbitch!@yahoo.com>
> said in news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>>> Urban myth.

>> I know of several people in this field who haven't been out of work
>> for more than a week at a time.
>>

> 2 weeks in 20 years (man I need a break)

Hey, I'm happy for you guys. Really. I'm just saying that you're very
fortunate, because I know a lot of people that lost their IT jobs, and if
you really want a feel for how bad it is for young people trying to break
in, go to a college job fair. Again, I can only speak of my community and
of the experiences relayed to me by people in Texas and California. I know
if you are willing to give up Paradise (Orlando, Florida) and move to some
place where you will freeze your ass off, you can still make an OK living.

But if you guys deny that people in IT haven't experienced drastic pay cuts
industry wide, I kindly offer that you're full of it.

I don't blame Bush, by the way. 9/11 really destroyed the economy here in
Central Florida because tourism took a major hit. We live and die by the
Mouse here. We also have the fastest population growth rate of any area in
the country. The hurricanes are predicted to reverse that trend, however,
and that will hopefully improve the job outlook. A lot of "for sale" signs
in this neighborhood.

Neil

incase you missed it "Jtyc" <jtyc_mcngp@spamblockerbitch!@yahoo.com> said
in news:und#(E-Mail Removed):

>> 2 weeks in 20 years (man I need a break)

> I bet it was president Bush's fault too. That sumbitch.

I never blame anyone else for my sucesses...

--
Neil MCNGP #30

Neil

incase you missed it "Brinson Gebblehoff" <(E-Mail Removed)> said in
news:HABid.3843$(E-Mail Removed):

> I'm just saying that you're very
> fortunate,

load of crap...not only have I not been out of work, people come looking
for me, not the other way round. it's not enough to be good - that will
get you nowhere fast. striving to be the best will have employers looking
for you. I will continue to upgrade my skill sets both through real world
experience and book study and that will keep my family fed for some time.
Lead follow or get out of the way...

2 cents provided...

--
Neil MCNGP #30

Brinson Gebblehoff

news:Xns9597E378D1236neilmcsegmailcom@207.46.248.1 6...
> incase you missed it "Brinson Gebblehoff" <(E-Mail Removed)> said in
> news:HABid.3843$(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> I'm just saying that you're very
>> fortunate,

> load of crap...not only have I not been out of work, people come looking
> for me, not the other way round. it's not enough to be good - that will
> get you nowhere fast. striving to be the best will have employers looking
> for you. I will continue to upgrade my skill sets both through real world
> experience and book study and that will keep my family fed for some time.
> Lead follow or get out of the way...
>
> 2 cents provided...

That is just your experience, and maybe the experience of many others. But
I've known folks a whole lot smarter than you who sat at home and caught up
on their soaps and watched Oprah for a long time before they found work
again. Come to Orlando and I guaran-damned-tee you your phone won't ring
ever for a job locally.

Brinson Gebblehoff

"Doom" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> My statement was a generalization but the fact remains that talented
> people in their industry are able to obtain employment. If the market is
> so bad in Florida simply move to where it's better. BTW I know a
> programmer in Florida who has a job. I did not move to where I currently
> live because I loved the area. I moved here because that's WHERE THE WORK
> WAS. I'm glad to hear that there are large numbers of people leaving this
> industry. In a few more years it will become lucrative for the survivors.
> Have a nice day.

I've known people far more arrogant than you eat the proverbial humble pie.
The kind that says, "I can find work by dawn," etc. They're flipping
burgers now...

Rowdy Yates

"Brinson Gebblehoff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:HABid.3843$(E-Mail Removed):

> Hey, I'm happy for you guys. Really. I'm just saying that you're
> very fortunate, because I know a lot of people that lost their IT
> jobs, and if

yup. thats why i keep my mouth shut and hide in the basement like a good
little milton.

http://www.bullshitjob.com/officespace/payroll.wav

--
Rowdy Yates, MCNGP #39
http://www.mcngp.com/

Rowdy Yates

"Brinson Gebblehoff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
newsICid.3670$(E-Mail Removed):

> That is just your experience, and maybe the experience of many others.
> But I've known folks a whole lot smarter than you who sat at home and
> caught up on their soaps and watched Oprah for a long time before they
> found work again. Come to Orlando and I guaran-damned-tee you your
> phone won't ring ever for a job locally.

i was unemplyed once. best year of my life. i PK'ed everyone i could find
in diablo battlenet.

--
Rowdy Yates, MCNGP #39
http://www.mcngp.com/

Rowdy Yates

"Brinson Gebblehoff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:42Did.3673$(E-Mail Removed):

> I've known people far more arrogant than you eat the proverbial humble
> pie. The kind that says, "I can find work by dawn," etc. They're
> flipping burgers now...

yes, but are they flippin' at Burger King or are they flippin THIS BIOTCH!

http://www.dennysbeerbarrelpub.com/6lbburger.htm

http://tinyurl.com/hxrm

big difference there!

--