Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > OT: GWB's Politics

OT: GWB's Politics

Rowdy Yates

"Brinson Gebblehoff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:Ljvid.3617$(E-Mail Removed):

> "Jtyc" <jtyc_mcngp@spamblockerbitch!@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Urban myth.

>> I know of several people in this field who haven't been out of work
>> for more
>> than a week at a time.

> Come to Florida and I will show you an entirely different and sad
> story in the field of information technology.

IT ppl are getting out of IT and into real estate.

ry

--
Rowdy Yates, MCNGP #39
http://www.mcngp.com/

Brinson Gebblehoff

"Doom" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...

>> Come to Florida and I will show you an entirely different and sad story
>> in the field of information technology.
>>

> I agree with Jtyc. In any field, not just IT, talented people are able to
> find work regardless of market conditions.

That is a completely unfair generalization, and is ignorant of the facts.
Florida has been through a recession that is much worse than almost anywhere
in the rest of the country. I have seen very talented and very dedicated
people who were in the business for years lose their jobs and never regained
employment in IT. I have also seen the same thing happen in Texas and
California. So those are three very large states in the union with which I
am very familiar and that I know have experienced meltdowns so bad that
people have had to change careers or who remain hopelessly unemployed. Be
careful with your broad strokes of the brush. You don't know what you're
talking about.

Brinson Gebblehoff

"Rowdy Yates" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> IT ppl are getting out of IT and into real estate.

What has happened in Central Florida is that people who had left jobs or had
been laid off from jobs where they were making $60K to $100K a year found
that when they finally did land another IT job their pay was cut upwards of
60 to 70 percent.

In 1999 I was an IT manager making $75,000 a year plus bonuses and stock
options. By 2001 my best contract offers were $15 an hour, and I had MSCE,
Check Point, Novell, and other certifications. I eventually finished my MIS
degree and that brought me back into the fold at just above $40,000 a year
but it wasn't easy finding work, even with the degree. Without the degree,
however, it would have been impossible for me to have stayed in Florida. I
would have had to have gone north, like so many of my colleagues have.

As it stands now I am about to leave the field and go into sales, which is
much more lucrative, but the downside for me is the travel. I'll be selling
IT equipment and services, so I won't be totally out of my element, but the
income potential isn't as great, as say, as in the medical sales field,
where I hope to eventually end up. I've seen the writing on the wall with
IT.

Jtyc

> That is a completely unfair generalization, and is ignorant of the facts.
> Florida has been through a recession that is much worse than almost

anywhere
> in the rest of the country.

Not worse than my region.

> You don't know what you're talking about.

Yes I do.

Doom

"Brinson Gebblehoff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c9wid.2676$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> "Doom" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>

>>> Come to Florida and I will show you an entirely different and sad story
>>> in the field of information technology.
>>>

>> I agree with Jtyc. In any field, not just IT, talented people are able to
>> find work regardless of market conditions.

> That is a completely unfair generalization, and is ignorant of the facts.

<whining snipped>
My statement was a generalization but the fact remains that talented people
in their industry are able to obtain employment. If the market is so bad in
Florida simply move to where it's better. BTW I know a programmer in Florida
who has a job. I did not move to where I currently live because I loved the
area. I moved here because that's WHERE THE WORK WAS. I'm glad to hear that
there are large numbers of people leaving this industry. In a few more years
it will become lucrative for the survivors. Have a nice day.

Jtyc

> there are large numbers of people leaving this industry. In a few more
years
> it will become lucrative for the survivors. Have a nice day.

You capitalist pig. You make me sick

The government needs to ensure that all people get the job they want at the
salary they want it. Damn Bush... that bastard.

Doom

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> there are large numbers of people leaving this industry. In a few more

> years
>> it will become lucrative for the survivors. Have a nice day.

> You capitalist pig. You make me sick
>
> The government needs to ensure that all people get the job they want at
> the
> salary they want it. Damn Bush... that bastard.

I can't stop laughing.

Keyboard Cowboy

Could be the fumes.

Neil

incase you missed it "Jtyc" <jtyc_mcngp@spamblockerbitch!@yahoo.com>
said in news:(E-Mail Removed):

>> Urban myth.

> I know of several people in this field who haven't been out of work
> for more than a week at a time.

2 weeks in 20 years (man I need a break)

--
Neil MCNGP #30

Neil

incase you missed it "Keyboard Cowboy"
<(E-Mail Removed)> said in news:431801c4c2b8
$048b1010$(E-Mail Removed):

SSSSSPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! !!

--
Neil MCNGP #30