Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > instructions on how to perform an IOS upgrade on a Catalyst 6500 switch (IOS to IOS)

instructions on how to perform an IOS upgrade on a Catalyst 6500 switch (IOS to IOS)

Mike Rahl

Hi, all

Does anyone know of a link on Cisco's site that explains how to
perform an IOS upgrade (all the steps) for a Catalyst 6500 switch with
a Sup2 card (any kind), and an MSFC card?

I went looking all over Cisco and google yesterday, and can't seem to
find it. I was able to finish the upgrade through trial and error, but
would like to see if there is a document that explains the best
practices, and my searches didn't come up with anything useful

I'm looking for primarily the configuration steps as well as how to
copy the files, which files are required, and to which flash memory
locations on the switch

Thanks very much!

Trendkill

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/...80116ff0.shtml