Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Spylock grrrrrr

Spylock grrrrrr

Dave

Hi,
My kids have been playing and I now find I have a bloody annoying flashing
alert in my taskbar from spylock that tells me I have potential problems
with infections etc.
I know this to be untrue as I have done a Norton scan and have run Spybot
which found the offending "false alert" which I deleted but it's still
there!!
Can one of you kind souls help me out here?
I'm not a geek but can follow advice ok
Running XP with Norton AV and firewall

Many thanks
Dave

John Holmes

Dave "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> Hi,
> My kids have been playing and I now find I have a bloody annoying
> flashing alert in my taskbar from spylock that tells me I have
> potential problems with infections etc.
> I know this to be untrue as I have done a Norton scan and have run
> Spybot which found the offending "false alert" which I deleted but
> it's still there!!
> Can one of you kind souls help me out here?
> I'm not a geek but can follow advice ok
> Running XP with Norton AV and firewall
>
> Many thanks
> Dave

Results 1 - 10 of about 31,900 for remove spylock. (0.13 seconds). Do
your homework and read what's written about it, you lazy bastard.

--
Your mother was a sullen savage who talked so much she was kept under the
influence of alcohol.

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

"Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi,
>My kids have been playing and I now find I have a bloody annoying flashing
>alert in my taskbar from spylock that tells me I have potential problems
>with infections etc.
>I know this to be untrue as I have done a Norton scan and have run Spybot
>which found the offending "false alert" which I deleted but it's still
>there!!
>Can one of you kind souls help me out here?
>I'm not a geek but can follow advice ok
>Running XP with Norton AV and firewall

AVG spyware is very good - at least for 30 days
http://free.grisoft.com/doc/20/lng/us/tpl/v5

Process explorer is a very handy utility
http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilitie...sExplorer.html
double click on a process and view the image to see it's located

Other utilities to the left side of that link are also very handy.

As a last resort (for me at least) is to disable the process/service
in MSCONFIG

Start | Run <type in>
MSCONFIG
<enter>
(it's only a temp measure)
--

http://www.onahorse.com/

Dave

"John Holmes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). nl...
> Dave "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
>
>> Hi,
>> My kids have been playing and I now find I have a bloody annoying
>> flashing alert in my taskbar from spylock that tells me I have
>> potential problems with infections etc.
>> I know this to be untrue as I have done a Norton scan and have run
>> Spybot which found the offending "false alert" which I deleted but
>> it's still there!!
>> Can one of you kind souls help me out here?
>> I'm not a geek but can follow advice ok
>> Running XP with Norton AV and firewall
>>
>> Many thanks
>> Dave
>>

> Results 1 - 10 of about 31,900 for remove spylock. (0.13 seconds). Do
> your homework and read what's written about it, you lazy bastard.
>
> --
> Your mother was a sullen savage who talked so much she was kept under the
> influence of alcohol.

**** off ****

Kind regards
Dave

Dave

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>My kids have been playing and I now find I have a bloody annoying flashing
>>alert in my taskbar from spylock that tells me I have potential problems
>>with infections etc.
>>I know this to be untrue as I have done a Norton scan and have run Spybot
>>which found the offending "false alert" which I deleted but it's still
>>there!!
>>Can one of you kind souls help me out here?
>>I'm not a geek but can follow advice ok
>>Running XP with Norton AV and firewall

> AVG spyware is very good - at least for 30 days
> http://free.grisoft.com/doc/20/lng/us/tpl/v5
>
> Process explorer is a very handy utility
> http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilitie...sExplorer.html
> double click on a process and view the image to see it's located
>
> Other utilities to the left side of that link are also very handy.
>
> As a last resort (for me at least) is to disable the process/service
> in MSCONFIG
>
> Start | Run <type in>
> MSCONFIG
> <enter>
> (it's only a temp measure)
> --
>
> http://www.onahorse.com/

Thanks for your sensible reply (unlike that waste of oxygen J.H.) I found a
great little prog called Rogue Remover and this did the trick!
Thanks again
Dave

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

"Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Thanks for your sensible reply (unlike that waste of oxygen J.H.) I found a
>great little prog called Rogue Remover and this did the trick!

By googleing: Remove spylock?

--

http://www.onahorse.com/

Dave

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Thanks for your sensible reply (unlike that waste of oxygen J.H.) I found
>>great little prog called Rogue Remover and this did the trick!

> By googleing: Remove spylock?
>

> --
>
> http://www.onahorse.com/

Yep, perhaps I should have tried that before bothering you!!
God that John bloke is a creep!!
Is he well known for his helpful replies on here?

Dave

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

"Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> "Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>>Thanks for your sensible reply (unlike that waste of oxygen J.H.) I found
>>>great little prog called Rogue Remover and this did the trick!

>> By googleing: Remove spylock?

>Yep, perhaps I should have tried that before bothering you!!

It's no bother, but I hope the advice of AVG spyware is taken, as you
usually don't just have one problem. You only caught the one that
advertises itself.

>God that John bloke is a creep!!
>Is he well known for his helpful replies on here?

He does what he does, some people take his random tag line personally.

--

http://www.onahorse.com/

Muse Groops

Dave wrote:
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> "Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks for your sensible reply (unlike that waste of oxygen J.H.) I found
>>> great little prog called Rogue Remover and this did the trick!

>> By googleing: Remove spylock?
>>

>> --
>>
>> http://www.onahorse.com/

> Yep, perhaps I should have tried that before bothering you!!
> God that John bloke is a creep!!
> Is he well known for his helpful replies on here?
>

> Dave

Yes

pete

you objectionable ****