Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Latest Net Critical Pack

Latest Net Critical Pack

Al Mateus

I received an email with "Latest Net Critical Pack" in Subject line from
what appears to be Microsoft.
The content indicates that the executable attachment is the "May 2007
Cumulative Patch" security update.
How can I determine if this is real or a scam to infect my system?

Meat Plow

On Wed, 30 May 2007 13:43:43 +0000, Al Mateus wrote:

> I received an email with "Latest Net Critical Pack" in Subject line from
> what appears to be Microsoft.
> The content indicates that the executable attachment is the "May 2007
> Cumulative Patch" security update.
> How can I determine if this is real or a scam to infect my system?

Microsoft doesn't send email about anything let alone updates.

#1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
#1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
#1 Bartlo Pset, March 13-24 2007
#10 Most hated Usenetizen of all time
#8 AUK Hate Machine Cog
COOSN-266-06-25794

Ingeborg

Al Mateus wrote:

> I received an email with "Latest Net Critical Pack" in Subject line from
> what appears to be Microsoft.
> The content indicates that the executable attachment is the "May 2007
> Cumulative Patch" security update.
> How can I determine if this is real or a scam to infect my system?

That's easy. Microsoft *never* sends unasked updates by email.

Leythos

In article <jcf7i.6685$(E-Mail Removed)> ,
> I received an email with "Latest Net Critical Pack" in Subject line from
> what appears to be Microsoft.
> The content indicates that the executable attachment is the "May 2007
> Cumulative Patch" security update.
> How can I determine if this is real or a scam to infect my system?

Neither Microsoft or any Bank will send you emails about software
updates with links to download them and neither will request personal
information from you. If you get a email that says your computer is
infected, even if it's from your ISP (as that was a scam going around
last year), do NOT download anything or follow their links - call the
ISP and ask them, don't blindly follow requests for information or
downloads.

*** WARNING - these links contain foul/pornographic content of an
website ***
http://www.pcbutts1.com/rlk/rlk.htm Exposed to Kids ,
http://www.pcbutts1.com/license.htm Exposed to Kids ,
http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/max.htm Exposed to Kids ,
http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/mpv.htm Exposed to Kids ,
http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/wtcpcb.htm Exposed to Kids ,
http://www.pcbutts1.com/cracks.htm Exposed to Kids ,
http://www.pcbutts1.com/Loutheasshole.htm REMOVED ,
http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/bughunters.htm Exposed to Kids ...
All while spamming his company website at: http://www.seedsv.com

Bucky Breeder

"Al Mateus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:jcf7i.6685$(E-Mail Removed) t:

> I received an email with "Latest Net Critical Pack"
> in Subject line from what appears to be Microsoft.
> The content indicates that the executable attachment
> is the "May 2007 Cumulative Patch" security update.
> How can I determine if this is real or a scam
> to infect my system?

You could rely on the fact that Microsoft
*never* sends eMail with updates.

--

"Vah! Denuone Latine loquebar?
Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur."

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Al Mateus wrote:

> The content indicates that the executable attachment ...
> How can I determine if this is real or a scam to infect my system?

Save the attachment to your hard drive and scan it with your latest
up-to-date anti-virus software.

If you are not sure how to do this, just delete the message.

--
-bts

Plato

Al Mateus wrote:

> I received an email with "Latest Net Critical Pack" in Subject line from
> what appears to be Microsoft.
> The content indicates that the executable attachment is the "May 2007
> Cumulative Patch" security update.
> How can I determine if this is real or a scam to infect my system?

MS does not send spam

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/