Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > importing asp.net membership tables

importing asp.net membership tables

JJ

How can I import my current asp.net membership records in my local sql
server to the empty tables on the live server?

I've tried removing contraints with:

ALTER TABLE aspnet_Applications NOCHECK CONSTRAINT ALL
ALTER TABLE aspnet_Membership NOCHECK CONSTRAINT ALL
ALTER TABLE aspnet_Paths NOCHECK CONSTRAINT ALL
ALTER TABLE aspnet_PersonalizationAllUsers NOCHECK CONSTRAINT ALL
ALTER TABLE aspnet_PersonalizationPerUser NOCHECK CONSTRAINT ALL
ALTER TABLE aspnet_Profile NOCHECK CONSTRAINT ALL
ALTER TABLE aspnet_Roles NOCHECK CONSTRAINT ALL
ALTER TABLE aspnet_SchemaVersions NOCHECK CONSTRAINT ALL
ALTER TABLE aspnet_Users NOCHECK CONSTRAINT ALL
ALTER TABLE aspnet_UsersInRoles NOCHECK CONSTRAINT ALL
ALTER TABLE aspnet_WebEvent_Events NOCHECK CONSTRAINT ALL

Then importing and selecting 'Enable identity insert' on each table, but I
still get errors relating to conflicting Keys.

I assume either I need to temporarily remove some other constraints or
import in a certain order (if so which order?)

Thanks in advance,

JJ

KJ

Try using the Database Publishing Wizard:

It *should* generate the T-SQL script you need.

"JJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:uh%(E-Mail Removed)...
> How can I import my current asp.net membership records in my local sql
> server to the empty tables on the live server?
>
> I've tried removing contraints with:
>
> ALTER TABLE aspnet_Applications NOCHECK CONSTRAINT ALL
> ALTER TABLE aspnet_Membership NOCHECK CONSTRAINT ALL
> ALTER TABLE aspnet_Paths NOCHECK CONSTRAINT ALL
> ALTER TABLE aspnet_PersonalizationAllUsers NOCHECK CONSTRAINT ALL
> ALTER TABLE aspnet_PersonalizationPerUser NOCHECK CONSTRAINT ALL
> ALTER TABLE aspnet_Profile NOCHECK CONSTRAINT ALL
> ALTER TABLE aspnet_Roles NOCHECK CONSTRAINT ALL
> ALTER TABLE aspnet_SchemaVersions NOCHECK CONSTRAINT ALL
> ALTER TABLE aspnet_Users NOCHECK CONSTRAINT ALL
> ALTER TABLE aspnet_UsersInRoles NOCHECK CONSTRAINT ALL
> ALTER TABLE aspnet_WebEvent_Events NOCHECK CONSTRAINT ALL
>
> Then importing and selecting 'Enable identity insert' on each table, but I
> still get errors relating to conflicting Keys.
>
> I assume either I need to temporarily remove some other constraints or
> import in a certain order (if so which order?)
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> JJ

JJ

thanks - I'm trying that. I keep getting this error when trying run the
publish script on my shared hosts' sql server:

I've have set my database to use SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS as instructed
by my hoster, but why then am I getting these errors???

Msg 468, Level 16, State 9, Procedure aspnet_UsersInRoles_AddUsersToRoles,
Line 45
Cannot resolve the collation conflict between "Latin1_General_CI_AS" and
"SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS" in the equal to operation.
Msg 468, Level 16, State 9, Procedure aspnet_UsersInRoles_AddUsersToRoles,
Line 52
Cannot resolve the collation conflict between "Latin1_General_CI_AS" and
"SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS" in the equal to operation.
Msg 468, Level 16, State 9, Procedure aspnet_UsersInRoles_AddUsersToRoles,
Line 76
Cannot resolve the collation conflict between "Latin1_General_CI_AS" and
"SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS" in the equal to operation.
Msg 468, Level 16, State 9, Procedure aspnet_UsersInRoles_AddUsersToRoles,
Line 83
Cannot resolve the collation conflict between "Latin1_General_CI_AS" and
"SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS" in the equal to operation.
Msg 468, Level 16, State 9, Procedure aspnet_UsersInRoles_AddUsersToRoles,
Line 90
Cannot resolve the collation conflict between "Latin1_General_CI_AS" and
"SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS" in the equal to operation.
Msg 468, Level 16, State 9, Procedure
aspnet_UsersInRoles_RemoveUsersFromRoles, Line 50
Cannot resolve the collation conflict between "Latin1_General_CI_AS" and
"SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS" in the equal to operation.
Msg 468, Level 16, State 9, Procedure
aspnet_UsersInRoles_RemoveUsersFromRoles, Line 58
Cannot resolve the collation conflict between "Latin1_General_CI_AS" and
"SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS" in the equal to operation.
Msg 468, Level 16, State 9, Procedure
aspnet_UsersInRoles_RemoveUsersFromRoles, Line 84
Cannot resolve the collation conflict between "Latin1_General_CI_AS" and
"SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS" in the equal to operation.
Msg 468, Level 16, State 9, Procedure
aspnet_UsersInRoles_RemoveUsersFromRoles, Line 92
Cannot resolve the collation conflict between "Latin1_General_CI_AS" and
"SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS" in the equal to operation.
Msg 15151, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
Cannot find the object 'aspnet_UsersInRoles_AddUsersToRoles', because it
does not exist or you do not have permission.
Msg 15151, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
Cannot find the object 'aspnet_UsersInRoles_RemoveUsersFromRoles', because
it does not exist or you do not have permission

"KJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Try using the Database Publishing Wizard:

> It *should* generate the T-SQL script you need.
>
> "JJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:uh%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> How can I import my current asp.net membership records in my local sql
>> server to the empty tables on the live server?
>>
>> I've tried removing contraints with:
>>
>> ALTER TABLE aspnet_Applications NOCHECK CONSTRAINT ALL
>> ALTER TABLE aspnet_Membership NOCHECK CONSTRAINT ALL
>> ALTER TABLE aspnet_Paths NOCHECK CONSTRAINT ALL
>> ALTER TABLE aspnet_PersonalizationAllUsers NOCHECK CONSTRAINT ALL
>> ALTER TABLE aspnet_PersonalizationPerUser NOCHECK CONSTRAINT ALL
>> ALTER TABLE aspnet_Profile NOCHECK CONSTRAINT ALL
>> ALTER TABLE aspnet_Roles NOCHECK CONSTRAINT ALL
>> ALTER TABLE aspnet_SchemaVersions NOCHECK CONSTRAINT ALL
>> ALTER TABLE aspnet_Users NOCHECK CONSTRAINT ALL
>> ALTER TABLE aspnet_UsersInRoles NOCHECK CONSTRAINT ALL
>> ALTER TABLE aspnet_WebEvent_Events NOCHECK CONSTRAINT ALL
>>
>> Then importing and selecting 'Enable identity insert' on each table, but
>> I still get errors relating to conflicting Keys.
>>
>> I assume either I need to temporarily remove some other constraints or
>> import in a certain order (if so which order?)
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>>
>> JJ

KJ

Check this out:

http://community.sgdotnet.org/blogs/.../17/49593.aspx

> [...]
>>>
>>> I've tried removing contraints with:
>>>
>>> ALTER TABLE aspnet_Applications NOCHECK CONSTRAINT ALL
>>> ALTER TABLE aspnet_Membership NOCHECK CONSTRAINT ALL
>>> ALTER TABLE aspnet_Paths NOCHECK CONSTRAINT ALL
>>> ALTER TABLE aspnet_PersonalizationAllUsers NOCHECK CONSTRAINT ALL
>>> ALTER TABLE aspnet_PersonalizationPerUser NOCHECK CONSTRAINT ALL
>>> ALTER TABLE aspnet_Profile NOCHECK CONSTRAINT ALL
>>> ALTER TABLE aspnet_Roles NOCHECK CONSTRAINT ALL
>>> ALTER TABLE aspnet_SchemaVersions NOCHECK CONSTRAINT ALL
>>> ALTER TABLE aspnet_Users NOCHECK CONSTRAINT ALL
>>> ALTER TABLE aspnet_UsersInRoles NOCHECK CONSTRAINT ALL
>>> ALTER TABLE aspnet_WebEvent_Events NOCHECK CONSTRAINT ALL
>>>
>>> Then importing and selecting 'Enable identity insert' on each table, but
>>> I still get errors relating to conflicting Keys.
>>>
>>> I assume either I need to temporarily remove some other constraints or
>>> import in a certain order (if so which order?)

JJ

Thanks. I'd got around the problem somehow, but that page explains exactly
what was happening and how I _should_ have solved it.

JJ