Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Small Text Boxes?

Small Text Boxes?

Akhenaten

I'm working with limited space in a particular table cell, what's the
best way to create an input text box that is a bit smaller than the
standard <input type=text> ?

TIA.
../JLK

scripts.contact

On May 29, 10:19 am, Akhenaten <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I'm working with limited space in a particular table cell, what's the
> best way to create an input text box that is a bit smaller than the
> standard <input type=text> ?

<input type="text" size=width_in_characters >
e.g.-
<input type="text" size=10 >

OR

<input type="text" style="width:Width" >
e.g.-
<input type="text" style="width:10em">

Jonathan N. Little

Akhenaten wrote:
> I'm working with limited space in a particular table cell, what's the
> best way to create an input text box that is a bit smaller than the
> standard <input type=text> ?

..itzybitzy { font-size: .5em; }

<input type="text" class="itzybitzy" value="Insanely small!">

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

Akhenaten

> .itzybitzy { font-size: .5em; }
>
> <input type="text" class="itzybitzy" value="Insanely small!">
>
> --
> Take care,
>
> Jonathan
> -------------------
> LITTLE WORKS STUDIOhttp://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

Thx, the CSS bit was what I needed.

Jukka K. Korpela

Scripsit Akhenaten:

> I'm working with limited space in a particular table cell,

Then fix the thing that created this problem...

> what's the
> best way to create an input text box that is a bit smaller than the
> standard <input type=text> ?

.... instead of creating new problems.

The default font size in input boxes is already typically 90% of the basic
font size*), so making it even smaller is a bad move. If you want user
input, why would you make it hard to him to see what he is writing?

*) So the CSS code
input { font-size: 100%; }
is worth considering.

--