Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Hide HTML Source Code

Hide HTML Source Code

dorayme

In article <465de627$0$331$(E-Mail Removed)4all.nl>,
"Samuel van Laere" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> >
> > If anyone is able to crack this, I would appreciate the feedback.
> >

> I don't get it, under IE I use the Instant Source plugin and it displays the
> source straight away.
> So what is hidden??

You don't get it? Well, it is time for you to use IE without the
plugin, to use FF (and some other browsers) and simply View
Source.

You make a mistake that is similar in one crucial respect to a
naive but classy chess player who knocks over the local pub champ
and thinks, what is so great about him?

--
dorayme

Andrew

On 29 May 2007 06:14:07 -0700

> Hiding HTML source code is possible.

[...]

I believe that the desire to hide the source code of a site is
usually inversely proportionate to the actual worth of that source
code.

Andrew
--
Andrew's Corner
http://people.aapt.net.au/~adjlstrong/dapper.html

Blinky the Shark

Samuel van Laere wrote:
><(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>>
>> If anyone is able to crack this, I would appreciate the feedback.
>>

> I don't get it, under IE I use the Instant Source plugin and it displays the
> source straight away.
> So what is hidden??

The basis of the assertions that the page is hidden.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups

JD

Andrew wrote:
> On 29 May 2007 06:14:07 -0700
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>> Hiding HTML source code is possible.

> [...]
>
> I believe that the desire to hide the source code of a site is
> usually inversely proportionate to the actual worth of that source
> code.

What is the worth of HTML source anyway? I mean, make a page available
on the Web, and a million web developers could exactly duplicate the
look and behaviour of the page without ever seeing the code. Indeed, if
I was going to 'borrow' somebody's design, I would avoid reusing the
original code in favour of deliberately re-coding the page myself,
because then it would be in my coding style and I'd understand it
intimately.

Andy Dingley

On 31 May, 08:40, JD <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> What is the worth of HTML source anyway? I mean, make a page available
> on the Web, and a million web developers could exactly duplicate the
> look and behaviour of the page without ever seeing the code.

Employing that million web developers would still cost me a million
sacks of peanuts though.

If a page is as complicated as eBay, then even simply copying it
represents a significant cost. Copying it from the source, compared to
copying the design and re-coding it, is a commercially significant
chunk of cost, if you're in the business of cloning eBay.

Andy Dingley

On 31 May, 02:43, Andrew <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I believe that the desire to hide the source code of a site is
> usually inversely proportionate to the actual worth of that source
> code.

No argument with that!

Does this law have a name?

Cynode

On 29 May 2007 06:14:07 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>http://www.smart-cgi.com/api/
>
>If anyone is able to crack this, I would appreciate the feedback.
>
>Albert Dominguez

You should try making your images unsaveable also.

I have a trick to making images impossible for someone else to save. I
don't upload them.

--
If it keeps up, man will atrophy all his limbs but the push-button finger.
~Frank Lloyd Wright - www.cynode.com | (NSFW) www.cynbabes.com (NWS)

Cynode

On Tue, 29 May 2007 14:33:49 GMT, "El Kabong" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Requires a third click.
>
>Back to the drawing board, friend.
>
>El

With Firefox's Web Developer extension it only takes a right click >
view generated source

--
If it keeps up, man will atrophy all his limbs but the push-button finger.
~Frank Lloyd Wright - www.cynode.com | (NSFW) www.cynbabes.com (NWS)

rf

"Andy Dingley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> On 31 May, 02:43, Andrew <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> I believe that the desire to hide the source code of a site is
>> usually inversely proportionate to the actual worth of that source
>> code.

> No argument with that!
>
> Does this law have a name?

It's hidden.

--
Richard.

Jonathan N. Little

Cynode wrote:

> You should try making your images unsaveable also.
>
> I have a trick to making images impossible for someone else to save. I
> don't upload them.

The same way I protect a page's html, don't publish it!

--
Take care,

Jonathan
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO