Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > No longer an MCSE NT4

No longer an MCSE NT4

=?Utf-8?B?UGFibG8gdGhlIG9uY2Ugd2FzIE1DU0U=?=

Hello all,

Anyone know why Microsoft took away my MCSE in NT4? I had the following
exams: NT4 Server, NT4 Workstation, Networking requirement waived, TCP/IP on
NT4, IIS3 and Index Server 1.1, and NT Server in the Enterprise.

Since then I got my MCSA in Windows 2000, and am now working on getting MCSE
in 2000, then 2003.

catwalker63

"=?Utf-8?B?UGFibG8gdGhlIG9uY2Ugd2FzIE1DU0U=?=" <Pablo the once was
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)> prattled ceaslessly in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Hello all,
>
> Anyone know why Microsoft took away my MCSE in NT4? I had the
> following exams: NT4 Server, NT4 Workstation, Networking requirement
> waived, TCP/IP on NT4, IIS3 and Index Server 1.1, and NT Server in the
> Enterprise.
>
> Since then I got my MCSA in Windows 2000, and am now working on
> getting MCSE in 2000, then 2003.

They didn't take it away, they just retired it. You're still certified
but the certificate is now obsolete.

--
Catwalker
aka Pu$$y Feet

"Any idiot can face a crisis -- it's the day-to-day living that wears you
out." Anton Chekhov

Outlaw

news:Xns958EC6335E0E2catwalker63athotmail@216.196. 97.136...
> "=?Utf-8?B?UGFibG8gdGhlIG9uY2Ugd2FzIE1DU0U=?=" <Pablo the once was
> (E-Mail Removed)> prattled ceaslessly in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> Anyone know why Microsoft took away my MCSE in NT4? I had the
>> following exams: NT4 Server, NT4 Workstation, Networking requirement
>> waived, TCP/IP on NT4, IIS3 and Index Server 1.1, and NT Server in the
>> Enterprise.
>>
>> Since then I got my MCSA in Windows 2000, and am now working on
>> getting MCSE in 2000, then 2003.
>>

> They didn't take it away, they just retired it. You're still certified
> but the certificate is now obsolete.
>
> --

And also, the mcseNT4 counts for one elective in the mcse 2000/2003 track.
so it isn't a total loss )

Tom Helms [MSFT]

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/faq.asp
Q. I was an MCSE on Windows NT 4.0. One of my elective exams, Exam 70-077:
Implementing and Supporting Microsoft Internet Information Server 3.0 and
Microsoft Index Server 1.1, was discontinued on June 30, 2000, and I did not
pass a current replacement exam before the June 30, 2001, deadline. Am I
still certified as an MCSE on Windows NT 4.0?

A. You are no longer certified as an MCSE on Windows NT 4.0. To be
certified as an MCSE on Windows NT 4.0, you must have met both the core and
elective requirements for NT 4.0. Exam 70-077 was discontinued in June 2000
as part of the Windows NT 3.51 exam discontinuations. If you did not meet
the upgrade requirements for Exam 70-077 by June 30, 2001, then you are no
longer certified on Windows NT 4.0. See Discontinuation of Exams for more
information.

--
Tom Helms [MSFT]

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights."Please
do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup
purposes only."

"Pablo the once was MCSE" <Pablo the once was
(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello all,
>
> Anyone know why Microsoft took away my MCSE in NT4? I had the following
> exams: NT4 Server, NT4 Workstation, Networking requirement waived, TCP/IP
> on
> NT4, IIS3 and Index Server 1.1, and NT Server in the Enterprise.
>
> Since then I got my MCSA in Windows 2000, and am now working on getting
> MCSE
> in 2000, then 2003.

Laura A. Robinson

In article <Xns958EC6335E0E2catwalker63athotmail@216.196.97.1 36>, _catwalker63
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> They didn't take it away, they just retired it. You're still certified
> but the certificate is now obsolete.

My NT 4.0 MCSE still shows on my transcript.

Tom's answer is correct (stating the obvious, I am <G>).

Laura

As an MCSE NT4, and MCP 2003 working toward MCSE: Security 2003 - why MCDST? Ryan Webb MCDST 2 09-03-2004 12:16 AM
From MCSE Server NT4.0 to Server 2003 Sebastian Nogueyra Microsoft Certification 1 07-18-2004 08:25 AM
MCSE NT4.0 Pete MCSE 4 11-30-2003 11:58 AM
NT4/Exchange55 Mcse, Now what... Rob MCSE 3 10-30-2003 12:11 AM
mcse nt4 ywerther MCSE 4 07-18-2003 04:48 PM

Advertisments