Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless works everywhere but at home

Wireless works everywhere but at home

=?Utf-8?B?V2lyZWxlc3Mgd29ya3MgZXZlcnl3aGVyZSBidXQgYXQgaG9tZQ==?=

I've been having a lot of trouble with my wireless connection on my Presario
Compaq V5000 laptop that I got as a graduation present last year. My wireless
connection works everywhere, at school, the park, the diner, my apartment,
etc, but it doesn't work when I come home. My parents have a wireless system
and it works with their 2 wireless laptops just find... so I don't know
what's going on?!? I called the company a few times to see if they can help
me but they don't know whats wrong either. I am really getting upset about
this... I don't know if its because Compaq computer are cheaper or what but
I've been struggling with this problem for a full year now. So PLEASE can
someone help me?!?! Thank you!

Everytime I run the wireless connection help test it always says this:

Test Failed. Check the LAN cable connection. (LAN diagnostic (Broadcom
802.11b/g WLAN))

"Wireless works everywhere but at home" wrote:

> I've been having a lot of trouble with my wireless connection on my Presario
> Compaq V5000 laptop that I got as a graduation present last year. My wireless
> connection works everywhere, at school, the park, the diner, my apartment,
> etc, but it doesn't work when I come home. My parents have a wireless system
> and it works with their 2 wireless laptops just find... so I don't know
> what's going on?!? I called the company a few times to see if they can help
> me but they don't know whats wrong either. I am really getting upset about
> this... I don't know if its because Compaq computer are cheaper or what but
> I've been struggling with this problem for a full year now. So PLEASE can
> someone help me?!?! Thank you!
>

> Everytime I run the wireless connection help test it always says this:
>
> Test Failed. Check the LAN cable connection. (LAN diagnostic (Broadcom
> 802.11b/g WLAN))

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
In order to work outside the home using public hotspot the Wireless does not
use any security.
It might be that your parents wireless is secured and thus your system can
not connect to it unless it configured to match the parent security scheme.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

news:(E-Mail Removed)...