Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > OT- They all died in Vain-OT

OT- They all died in Vain-OT

Leythos

On Mon, 28 May 2007 11:30:05 -0500, Frosty wrote:

> I realize this is a statement that will bring anger.

When they come for you I will be sure to not stop them.

*** WARNING - this links contains foul/pornographic content of an
website ***
http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/leythos.htm
http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/bughunter.htm

Frosty

Celebrating the Rule of Force, Not Freedom
by William L. Anderson

One often can write news stories by the calendar, and today is not an
exception. This is Memorial Day, and we are going to hear the rhetoric
about honoring those who "died fighting for our freedom." Indeed,
Americans might be honoring the dead from U.S. wars, but in no case
did any of those dead whom we memorialize today die for "our freedom."
They died, instead, because our political classes pointedly understand
that promoting war is good for them.

I realize this is a statement that will bring anger. Those people who
have lost loved ones in one of many U.S. conflicts will be angry
because my statement insinuates that these mostly-young people died
for a Big Lie. Others who have not been directly touched by one of our
many wars simply want to believe that the United States of America is
a shining beacon of freedom, and we need to protect that freedom from
those who would take it away.

One wishes it were that simple. Yes, the rhetoric is powerful, and the
snapshots of Americans at the graves of the fallen present vivid
images of what it means to suffer loss, and no one wants to believe
that a loss was in vain. Humans yearn for purpose, and it should not
surprise us that people would seek purpose in the deaths of comrades
and loved ones.

No doubt, there will be speech after speech by people declaring that
these losses were tragic, but necessary, as the U.S Armed Forces are
the last line of defense against those who would take away our beloved
freedoms. That is the biggest lie of all. Forces from outside this
country do not threaten our freedom, but forces inside do.

Let us begin with the small things and work to the larger issues. Many
of us will be traveling on the highways, and the Memorial Day Weekend
always brings out that show of force from state troopers. We can
expect to see many motorists having their weekends ruined because they
drove a few miles above the speed limit, or state troopers or local
police are looking for a "big score" in finding drugs inside a
vehicle.

I am not sure about the readers, but I cannot say I ever have felt
"protected" by the presence of state police on the highway. They do
not exist to "protect" us; they are there because Memorial Day Weekend
is a big revenue time for the various agencies that receive money from
fines. In other words, it is a grand time for the police to be shaking
down individual drivers.

In Maryland, state police are trained from the beginning to regard
motorists as scum. One friend of mine, a local police officer, was
recruited by the state police, and the recruiter made this statement:
"Why work on the farm when you can own it." Indeed, these officers are
taught that the rest of us who do not wear the uniform of the Maryland
State Police are simply servants on their plantation, and they treat
us as such.

We look next at the court systems. For the past year, I have been part
of a fight against the State of North Carolina, which falsely accused
three Duke University students of rape, kidnapping, and sexual
assault. From the beginning, everyone knew the charges were lies, but
agents representing the state pushed forward not because they had
truth on their side, but because they could do it. Michael Nifong and
the Durham police did this because they had the power to do it.

When one realizes that Nifong really is not an outlier but rather an
integral part of the system, the entire picture is better focused.
There is a reason that the United States of America has more than two
million individuals in prison. This country is the world leader in
that department, with both the highest number of prisoners and the
highest per capita incarceration rate.

To put it another way, those foreigners whom we so greatly fear are
not as adept at taking away the freedoms of their citizens as the
various governments in this country are at taking the freedoms of
people living here. That is a most sobering thought. One of the
fastest growth industries in the USA is prison construction which also
is the case in American-ruled Iraq.

For travelers going through airports, one constantly is reminded that
the Transportation Security Administration inspectors are to be obeyed
absolutely, for even a disapproving glance can result in the charge of
"Interfering with the Duties of a Federal Officer," with the penalties
for such an offense being up to 20 years in federal prison. It seems
that government officials are a greater threat to the freedom of air
travelers than anyone from al-Qaeda.

Representatives of government regularly threaten the lives and
freedoms of people whose only offense either is sitting in ones home
(the threat of no-knock raids being quite real) or doing ones job. I
have sitting on my desk the details of indictments brought by federal
officials against a young man with a wife and young children for
pursuing normal activities in his job as an electricity trader. The
government-inflicted electricity crisis in California and the
implosion of Enron made traders enticing targets by ambitious federal
prosecutors, so the feds seek to destroy families and take away
individual freedoms just so they can satisfy the political classes.

Then there is the military culture itself. Many military veterans
receive preferential hiring treatment from "law enforcement" and other
government entities. The "always obey orders" mentality means that
they not trained in making moral choices, but instead are the
well-trained enforcers of the political classes and most of them
relish being in a role in which they can tell others to obey or face
arrest or even death.

There also exists this knotty problem of the U.S. Government imposing
the will of members of this countrys political classes upon people in
other countries. The people of Iraq knew full well what that means, as
do people in Serbia and elsewhere one might see U.S. soldiers in
uniform. The U.S. political classes hold that U.S. law spans the
globe, and anyone who harms or might even seek to harm a U.S. agent no
matter where that agent might be is violating U.S. law and can be
tried and punished in this country. One does not have to think very
hard to realize the ramifications of that policy.

In the process of imposing the will of the U.S. political classes
around the world, individuals die. Young people have fallen in Iraq
and elsewhere, and we remember the hundreds of thousands who have died
in other conflicts. It is a sad and solemn thing to see these dead
memorialized, but it makes me even sadder when I realize that most, if
not all, of these deaths were unnecessary to protect our own freedoms.

If anything, the aggressive U.S. foreign policy that has existed since
the end of World War II threatens our freedoms more than any foreign
government. As people around the world fight back, our own political
classes respond by taking away our rights and freedoms one-by-one, all
in the name of "protecting freedom."

I know these are harsh words, and they sting even more for the people
who have lost loved ones in wars overseas. My point is neither to
denigrate them nor to criticize those who memorialize them. Instead, I
would ask the simple question: Which American freedoms are the
soldiers protecting?

Then, I would ask one more question: What are the freedoms we have
lost? Readers of this page know the answers to both questions.

Although I have pointed this column at the use of American military
personnel around the globe, I also need to make another point: many of
the politicians who now decry the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan want to
make war on the rest of us. Listen to the rhetoric of people like
Hillary Clinton, Dennis Kucinich, and John Edwards as they both attack
the war and attack productive people in this country. The fervor is
the same. Productive Americans are portrayed as being as great an
enemy as Osama bin Laden.

(I add that Ron Paul is the only U.S. Presidential candidate who is
campaigning for freedom. The others just want to take the same force
this country uses against other people and use it against Americans
who do not obey every dictum of the state.)

We hear them say we must "make war on dependence upon foreign oil," or
a "war against Big Oil," or a "New War on Poverty." The rhetoric
always is the same: war on someone.

So, by all means memorialize our war dead. But while we memorialize
them, let us not glorify the wars that placed them in those graves,
and let us not glorify the rhetoric that glories in the destruction of
freedom while at the same time claiming to be "protecting" our
liberties.
May 28, 2007
William L. Anderson, Ph.D. [(E-Mail Removed)], teaches economics at
Frostburg State University in Maryland, and is an adjunct scholar of
the Ludwig von Mises Institute. <http://www.mises.org/>

Copyright 2007 LewRockwell.com
William Anderson Archives
<http://www.lewrockwell.com/anderson/anderson-arch.html>

Seamus J. Wilson

Who is coming for him, the WH justice department goons?
Seamus J. Wilson
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XbJ1zEgR7g8

--
Never argue with an idiot.
They drag you down to their level,

Aardvark

On Mon, 28 May 2007 10:24:09 -0700, Pennywise wrote:

> "Seamus J. Wilson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>"Leythos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> When they come for you I will be sure to not stop them.

>>Who is coming for him, the WH justice department goons?

> http://youtube.com/watch?v=XbJ1zEgR7g8

Never thought anyone would ever cover THAT song. As I recall it was a hit
for Napoleon XIV in about 1965. The 'B' side of the (vinyl 45rpm) record
was merely the 'A' side played backwards. Even the label on the reverse
side was a mirror image of that on the obverse side of the disc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napoleon_XIV

--
Registered Linux User 413057.
Both Mandriva 2007 and Ubuntu 6.06

the other English teams put together

Frosty

On Mon, 28 May 2007 10:36:41 -0500 in 24hoursupport.helpdesk Leythos
<(E-Mail Removed)>, intended to write something intelligible, but
instead wrote :

>On Mon, 28 May 2007 11:30:05 -0500, Frosty wrote:
>>
>> I realize this is a statement that will bring anger.

>When they come for you I will be sure to not stop them.

Who? The people who have lost loved ones? The sheeple who cower at the
idea that someone somewhere might believe that the United States of
America isn't the great bastion of freedom her sheeple have been
brainwashed to believe it is?
They aren't *coming for me*. They aren't lifting a finger to fight
anyone. Hell, they don't have the initiative to pick up a history book
to learn what the USA is all about, but would rather just get their
"facts" from TEEVEE.

Hey, what chance does a returning deceased war veteran have for that
good-paying job, more sugar, and the free mule you've been dreaming
of? Well, think it over. Then take off your shoes. Now you can see how
increased spending opportunities mean harder work for everyone, and
more of it, too! So do your part today, Joe. Join with millions of
your neighbors and turn in your shoes!
For Industry!

Sorry for being a Veteran Sorry for being a Veteran is offline
Junior Member

just two-cents,

Your view of dangerous US military policy is right. When I was in the US Army, I used to patrol the Berlin Wall. Something that most people don't realize is that the Wall was not built on the border, but actually up to 8 feet within East German territory. When patrolling the Wall, we drove our Humvees right up against the Wall (think we'd let Mexico try that if we built the proposed Wall 8 feet back from the US-Mexico border?). Our standing orders for engagement were to return fire (shoot back, to kill) anyone who fired a bullet over the Wall - regardless if the rounds hit anyone.