Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Registry cleaner

Registry cleaner

Jim

I would like to hear from anyone who has used registry cleaner. Did it
help? Did it cause any problems? TIA

Vanguard

"Jim" wrote in message news:XMr6i.230043$DE1.179955@pd7urf2no...
>I would like to hear from anyone who has used registry cleaner.

> Did it help?

Yes

> Did it cause any problems?

Yes

If YOU don't understand the entries that it shows you that it intends to
delete or modify then you have no business using a registry cleaner.
YOU are the final authority. A registry cleaner should only be used to
automate what you can do yourself in the registry.

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

"Jim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I would like to hear from anyone who has used registry cleaner. Did it
>help? Did it cause any problems? TIA

Just defrag (Optimiz) the registry files
Run ERUNT if you decide to test a cleaner.

--

Evil Ka
http://youtube.com/watch?v=TvtzEgFBl3I

Vanguard

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Jim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>I would like to hear from anyone who has used registry cleaner. Did
>>it
>>help? Did it cause any problems? TIA

> Just defrag (Optimiz) the registry files
> http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt/
> Run ERUNT if you decide to test a cleaner.

Defragmentation does nothing to speed up the registry. The .dat files
are read into memory and it is the memory copy that becomes the database
used by Windows and applications. Fragmentation is irrelevant in
memory.

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

Jim wrote:
> I would like to hear from anyone who has used registry cleaner. Did it
> help? Did it cause any problems? TIA

XP registry files were designed from the get-go to not need "cleaning".
If you really need to clean the registry then it is grotesquely screwed
up. Doing because it might be a good idea is a bad idea.

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

"Vanguard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> "Jim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>>I would like to hear from anyone who has used registry cleaner. Did
>>>it
>>>help? Did it cause any problems? TIA

>> Just defrag (Optimiz) the registry files
>> http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt/
>> Run ERUNT if you decide to test a cleaner.

>Defragmentation does nothing to speed up the registry. The .dat files
>are read into memory and it is the memory copy that becomes the database
>used by Windows and applications. Fragmentation is irrelevant in
>memory.

The post was mainly for ERUNT if they are going to clean the registry,
RegOpt sit's next to it so I thru it in.

The defrag'd registry files are read from the HD to be loaded into
memory, so for that amount of time you cruise

--

Evil Ka
http://youtube.com/watch?v=TvtzEgFBl3I

NineHood

On Mon, 28 May 2007 03:12:55 GMT, "Jim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I would like to hear from anyone who has used registry cleaner. Did it
>help? Did it cause any problems? TIA

Never had a problem using RegSeeker. Always make sure you review and
backup your modified entries! http://www.hoverdesk.net/freeware.htm

Plato

http://personal.inet.fi/business/toniarts/ecleane.htm

--