Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Pop up window

Pop up window

-

What would be the most polite and effective pop up window with some
short explanation some termins etc.

Not for advertising, just a tekst.

Or... other alternative to pop windows.

TIA

Jonathan N. Little

- wrote:
> What would be the most polite and effective pop up window with some
> short explanation some termins etc.

None.

> Not for advertising, just a tekst.
>
> Or... other alternative to pop windows.

Can use CSS for a child SPAN that normally is set to display: none, but
with parent element :hover pseudo class has the child SPAN set to
display: block on mouseover. If parent is not a link then your will need
some JS or the HTA for <=MSIE6

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

rf

"Jonathan N. Little" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:e48ac$465a412d$40cba7cb$(E-Mail Removed)...
>- wrote:
>> What would be the most polite and effective pop up window with some short
>> explanation some termins etc.

> None.
>

>> Not for advertising, just a tekst.
>>
>> Or... other alternative to pop windows.
>>

> Can use CSS for a child SPAN that normally is set to display: none, but
> with parent element :hover pseudo class has the child SPAN set to display:
> block on mouseover. If parent is not a link then your will need some JS or
> the HTA for <=MSIE6

Or perhaps the title attribute which even works for IE6.

--
Richard.

Neredbojias

On Mon, 28 May 2007 01:32:54 GMT - scribed:

> What would be the most polite and effective pop up window with some
> short explanation some termins etc.

For a short blurb, a whole window isn't needed, -as others have explained.
However, if you really want a popup window (-for which javascript is
required under strict standards), label the link clearly as opening in/up a
new window.

--
Neredbojias

Jonathan N. Little

rf wrote:
> "Jonathan N. Little" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:e48ac$465a412d$40cba7cb$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> - wrote:
>>> What would be the most polite and effective pop up window with some short
>>> explanation some termins etc.

>> None.
>>
>>> Not for advertising, just a tekst.
>>>
>>> Or... other alternative to pop windows.
>>>

>> Can use CSS for a child SPAN that normally is set to display: none, but
>> with parent element :hover pseudo class has the child SPAN set to display:
>> block on mouseover. If parent is not a link then your will need some JS or
>> the HTA for <=MSIE6

> Or perhaps the title attribute which even works for IE6.

If the message is *short* else some UAs will truncate...

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

Bergamot

Jonathan N. Little wrote:

> Can use CSS for a child SPAN that normally is set to display: none, but
> with parent element :hover pseudo class has the child SPAN set to
> display: block on mouseover.

What do you suggest for us keyboard users?

--
Berg

Jonathan N. Little

Bergamot wrote:
> Jonathan N. Little wrote:
>> Can use CSS for a child SPAN that normally is set to display: none, but
>> with parent element :hover pseudo class has the child SPAN set to
>> display: block on mouseover.

> What do you suggest for us keyboard users?

A:focus SPAN ...

--
Take care,

Jonathan