Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > connecting to my wireless router through a wireless network adapte

connecting to my wireless router through a wireless network adapte

=?Utf-8?B?ZmFudG9uaW5v?=

I had been using a belkin wireless network adapter on my laptop to connect to
my Netgear wireless router connected to my IBM300, to share internet
connection and printer. Until I updated the laptop with SP2 (I think). Now
I cannot access anything. Anyone has an idea?

=?Utf-8?B?bmFzcw==?=

"fantonino" wrote:

> I had been using a belkin wireless network adapter on my laptop to connect to
> my Netgear wireless router connected to my IBM300, to share internet
> connection and printer. Until I updated the laptop with SP2 (I think). Now
> I cannot access anything. Anyone has an idea?

How to troubleshoot wireless network connections in Windows XP Service Pack 2:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/870702/en-us
You may receive a "Limited or no connectivity" message on a computer that is
connected to the Internet by a DSL modem or a cable modem after you install
Windows XP Service Pack 2
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/892896

Troubleshooting network connection problems
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...ubleshoot.mspx

Go through the configuration again and make sure you typed the EncryptionKey
or Renter the Key in.
Open a run command and type in:
netsh winsock reset click [OK] and Reboot your machine.

HTH.
nass
-----
www.nasstec.co.uk

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
When you upgraded to SP2 the new security center is installed and it is On
by default.
Make sure that it is configure correctly Not to block the traffic.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
Jack (MVP-Networking).

news:(E-Mail Removed)...