Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Broadband speed

Broadband speed

Colin Williams

Is there and software that can tell me the true broadband speed that is
running on my pc. (Windows XP) ?

Many thanks

Colin Williams

why?

On Sun, 27 May 2007 16:20:13 GMT, Colin Williams wrote:

>Is there and software that can tell me the true broadband speed that is
>running on my pc. (Windows XP) ?

Yes, but what do you mean? The max that your package allows or how fast
it's running.

It's a popular subject in the NTL / Virgin Media newsgroups. It's
suprising you have seen the 100's of recent posts discussing the VM
speeds.

www.google.com for the BY users group web site.

Read some of the posts.

Find a UK tester and a US site.

>Many thanks
>
>Colin Williams

Me

Gil J

"Colin Williams" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1di6i.8302$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there and software that can tell me the true broadband speed that is
> running on my pc. (Windows XP) ?
>
> Many thanks
>
> Colin Williams
>
> http://bandwidthplace.com/speedtest/

Gil J

"Gil J" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) m...

> "Colin Williams" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:1di6i.8302$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Is there and software that can tell me the true broadband speed that is
>> running on my pc. (Windows XP) ?
>>
>> Many thanks
>>
>> Colin Williams
>>
>> http://bandwidthplace.com/speedtest/

http://bandwidthplace.com/speedtest/?cookie_reset=1

Robb

Gil J wrote:

>"Gil J" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
>>
>> "Colin Williams" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:1di6i.8302$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Is there and software that can tell me the true broadband speed that is
>>> running on my pc. (Windows XP) ?
>>>
>>> Many thanks
>>>
>>> Colin Williams
>>>
>>> http://bandwidthplace.com/speedtest/

> http://bandwidthplace.com/speedtest/?cookie_reset=1

http://performance.toast.net/

Toast.net has a lot of free servers, click "show all".

--
Robb

why?

On Sun, 27 May 2007 14:51:47 -0400, Gil J wrote:

>"Colin Williams" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:1di6i.8302$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Is there and software that can tell me the true broadband speed that is
>> running on my pc. (Windows XP) ?
>>
>> Many thanks
>>
>> Colin Williams
>>
>> http://bandwidthplace.com/speedtest/

Nice address.
Bandwidth Place
200 521-3rd Ave SW
Calgary, Alberta
Canada
T2P 3T3

Sometimes those closer to home or even following the OP ISPs rough guide
they ask for when posting diagnostics helps.

Me

Edward Peterson

www.speakeasy.net/speedtest

I work for Comcast Cable and use this site during installs and trouble
calls... its very accurate.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> On Sun, 27 May 2007 14:51:47 -0400, Gil J wrote:
>

>>"Colin Williams" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:1di6i.8302$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Is there and software that can tell me the true broadband speed that is
>>> running on my pc. (Windows XP) ?
>>>
>>> Many thanks
>>>
>>> Colin Williams
>>>
>>> http://bandwidthplace.com/speedtest/

> Nice address.
> Bandwidth Place
> 200 521-3rd Ave SW
> Calgary, Alberta
> Canada
> T2P 3T3
>
> Sometimes those closer to home or even following the OP ISPs rough guide
> they ask for when posting diagnostics helps.
>
> Me

why?

On Mon, 28 May 2007 11:28:43 GMT, Edward Peterson wrote:

>www.speakeasy.net/speedtest
>

>I work for Comcast Cable and use this site during installs and trouble
>calls... its very accurate.

No doubt, my point is OP better off using a speedtester in the same
country, the OP's ISP has a set of tests.

Other country speed tests are fine, one just has to account for that.

>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>
>> On Sun, 27 May 2007 14:51:47 -0400, Gil J wrote:
>>

>>>"Colin Williams" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>news:1di6i.8302$(E-Mail Removed)...

>> Nice address.
>> Bandwidth Place
>> 200 521-3rd Ave SW
>> Calgary, Alberta
>> Canada
>> T2P 3T3
>>
>> Sometimes those closer to home or even following the OP ISPs rough guide
>> they ask for when posting diagnostics helps.
>>
>> Me

Me