Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > batch raw to jpeg converter?

batch raw to jpeg converter?

peter

What are some freewares that can batch convert canon raw (CR2) into jpeg?
The jpeg are used as proofs, so the conversion doesn't have to be very
sophisticated.

Since there may be more than one software capable of doing this, any
comments on the pros and cons will be appreciated.

Gisle Hannemyr

"peter" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> What are some freewares that can batch convert canon raw (CR2) into
> jpeg? The jpeg are used as proofs, so the conversion doesn't have
> to be very sophisticated.
>
> Since there may be more than one software capable of doing this, any
> comments on the pros and cons will be appreciated.

DCraw: Open source, runs on a lot of platforms, somewhat hard to use:
http://cybercom.net/~dcoffin/dcraw/

RSE 2006: Windows only, very simple batch interface:
http://www.photo-freeware.net/raw-sh...essentials.php
Sigma SD10, Kodak DCS460, Canon Powershot G5, Olympus 2020Z

ben brugman

For this I use Raw shooter essentials,
it can do raw, in my oppinion it's fast. (It takes some time to do batch).
It's fast to adjust some or a lot of pictures. It's easy to see all the
pictures
in a folder and navigating is fast.

It might still be on the internet, but the product has been taken over
by Adobe

ben

"peter" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
> What are some freewares that can batch convert canon raw (CR2) into jpeg?
> The jpeg are used as proofs, so the conversion doesn't have to be very
> sophisticated.
>
> Since there may be more than one software capable of doing this, any
> comments on the pros and cons will be appreciated.

Colin_D

peter wrote:
> What are some freewares that can batch convert canon raw (CR2) into jpeg?
> The jpeg are used as proofs, so the conversion doesn't have to be very
> sophisticated.
>
> Since there may be more than one software capable of doing this, any
> comments on the pros and cons will be appreciated.

Irfanview - http://www.irfanview.com - is freeware, but is a most
versatile image program. It will easily batch process your .CR2 files
to tif, jpeg, dng, whatever you want, and at any resize you want.

Colin D.

peter

"Colin_D" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:465a1bb7$0$16331$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> Irfanview - http://www.irfanview.com - is freeware, but is a most
> versatile image program. It will easily batch process your .CR2 files to
> tif, jpeg, dng, whatever you want, and at any resize you want.

This is what I ended up using. The batch mode is easy to use without having
to read online help.

buzaev@winFrigate.com

I use total image converter at www.CoolUtils.com
Very pleasant batch image converter
On 27 , 19:04, "peter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> What are some freewares that can batch convert canon raw (CR2) into jpeg?
> The jpeg are used as proofs, so the conversion doesn't have to be very
> sophisticated.
>
> Since there may be more than one software capable of doing this, any
> comments on the pros and cons will be appreciated.

sonjabc sonjabc is offline
Junior Member

Hi,
a good software to convert complete folders including subfolders of raw images to jpeg is PhotoSlim: http://photoslimhq.com