Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > cant use wireless connection

cant use wireless connection

=?Utf-8?B?S3lm?=

hi,
i have sony vio running on window xp. i had some problem so used my recovery
disk to put my lap top back to factory settings. after doing tht i cant
connect to my wireless connection. at the moment i can connect to internet
through network cable.

i tried using static ip address but tht doesnt work. i tried ipconfig on
command prombt and its saying media disconnected. when i was tring to connect
wireless connection i was not able to connect to the router's configuration
utility as well. and also cant connect to the other computer which a pc.

can anyone tell whts i m doing wrong coz before using the recovery it was
connecting fine.
thanks
--
any help will be great help

Robert L [MVP - Networking]

I would check the security settings first. Or this search result may help,

ipconfig errorsMedia disconnected 1/3. Symptoms: when using ipconfig to check the IP configuration, you may receive this message: Ethernet adapter Wireless Network ...
http://www.chicagotech.net/tcpi****u...sconnected.htm

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
"Kyf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news(E-Mail Removed)...
hi,
i have sony vio running on window xp. i had some problem so used my recovery
disk to put my lap top back to factory settings. after doing tht i cant
connect to my wireless connection. at the moment i can connect to internet
through network cable.

i tried using static ip address but tht doesnt work. i tried ipconfig on
command prombt and its saying media disconnected. when i was tring to connect
wireless connection i was not able to connect to the router's configuration
utility as well. and also cant connect to the other computer which a pc.

can anyone tell whts i m doing wrong coz before using the recovery it was
connecting fine.
thanks
--
any help will be great help

=?Utf-8?B?bmFzcw==?=

"Kyf" wrote:

> hi,
> i have sony vio running on window xp. i had some problem so used my recovery
> disk to put my lap top back to factory settings. after doing tht i cant
> connect to my wireless connection. at the moment i can connect to internet
> through network cable.
>
> i tried using static ip address but tht doesnt work. i tried ipconfig on
> command prombt and its saying media disconnected. when i was tring to connect
> wireless connection i was not able to connect to the router's configuration
> utility as well. and also cant connect to the other computer which a pc.
>
> can anyone tell whts i m doing wrong coz before using the recovery it was
> connecting fine.
> thanks
> --
> any help will be great help

Since you performed a Recovery to an earlier stage, you likely lost the
Configuration for the Wireless Connection.
Try and look in the Device manager and see if the Wireless Card is
malfunctioning .
Right click and see the configuration from the Network SSID Name and the
encryption method used is WEP/WPA and try the Renter it again.
Run the Update while you are connected and get the latest drivers for your
Laptop from the Sony website for your Vaio specs then try the configuration.
Make sure the Laptop get Auto IP Address from the Router.

Set up a wireless network
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u.../wireless.mspx
Wireless by Barb Bowman:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...ssecurity.mspx
Charlie Russel,Using a Wireless Laptop at Work and at Home
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...letlaptop.mspx

HTH.
nass
------
www.nasstec.co.uk

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi

First check the basic configuration of the Wireless,
http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html

If it not well, get the latest drivers of the wireless card from Sony (or
the actual manufacturer of the card). Install again the wireless and make
sure that that if you are using Windows Wireless Zero Configuration the
original Sony Wireless manger is Not loaded.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Kyf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> hi,
> i have sony vio running on window xp. i had some problem so used my
> recovery
> disk to put my lap top back to factory settings. after doing tht i cant
> connect to my wireless connection. at the moment i can connect to internet
> through network cable.
>
> i tried using static ip address but tht doesnt work. i tried ipconfig on
> command prombt and its saying media disconnected. when i was tring to
> connect
> wireless connection i was not able to connect to the router's
> configuration
> utility as well. and also cant connect to the other computer which a pc.
>
> can anyone tell whts i m doing wrong coz before using the recovery it was
> connecting fine.
> thanks
> --
> any help will be great help

=?Utf-8?B?THNn?=

Can I do the same with HP. I have a button that is supposed to turn on
wireless, but light is out and is not connecting. My router and all
configurations ate accurate. Can I get a new wireless card? Thank you LSG

"Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

> Hi
>
> First check the basic configuration of the Wireless,
> http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
>
> If it not well, get the latest drivers of the wireless card from Sony (or
> the actual manufacturer of the card). Install again the wireless and make
> sure that that if you are using Windows Wireless Zero Configuration the
> original Sony Wireless manger is Not loaded.
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>

> "Kyf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
> > hi,
> > i have sony vio running on window xp. i had some problem so used my
> > recovery
> > disk to put my lap top back to factory settings. after doing tht i cant
> > connect to my wireless connection. at the moment i can connect to internet
> > through network cable.
> >
> > i tried using static ip address but tht doesnt work. i tried ipconfig on
> > command prombt and its saying media disconnected. when i was tring to
> > connect
> > wireless connection i was not able to connect to the router's
> > configuration
> > utility as well. and also cant connect to the other computer which a pc.
> >
> > can anyone tell whts i m doing wrong coz before using the recovery it was
> > connecting fine.
> > thanks
> > --
> > any help will be great help

Lem

Can you do the same as what?

Have you tried all of the steps listed at ezlan.net under "My wireless
computer does not work ..."? With what results?

You can get a new wireless card. The question is, do you really need one?

--
Lem MS MVP -- Networking

=?Utf-8?B?bmFzcw==?=

Well, what you want and if the Light is not ON, does this wireless Laptop
has a switch you can Turn the Wireless ON, some has two, On HP one can turn
it ON near from the Turn ON power Button for the wireless.
Try to Turn it ON and have a look in the Device Manager under Network
Adapters and see if it is Malfunction or conflicting in the IRQ.
You can uninstall it and then Reinstall and best if looked on the HP website
for New driver for your wireless specs and install then try the settings on
the Network panel for the Wireless Connection, insert the correct details and
the encryption Key, SSID for the network.
HTH.
nass
------
www.nasstec.co.uk
"Lsg" wrote:

> Can I do the same with HP. I have a button that is supposed to turn on
> wireless, but light is out and is not connecting. My router and all
> configurations ate accurate. Can I get a new wireless card? Thank you LSG
>
> "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > First check the basic configuration of the Wireless,
> > http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
> >
> > If it not well, get the latest drivers of the wireless card from Sony (or
> > the actual manufacturer of the card). Install again the wireless and make
> > sure that that if you are using Windows Wireless Zero Configuration the
> > original Sony Wireless manger is Not loaded.
> > Jack (MVP-Networking).
> >

> > "Kyf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > hi,
> > > i have sony vio running on window xp. i had some problem so used my
> > > recovery
> > > disk to put my lap top back to factory settings. after doing tht i cant
> > > connect to my wireless connection. at the moment i can connect to internet
> > > through network cable.
> > >
> > > i tried using static ip address but tht doesnt work. i tried ipconfig on
> > > command prombt and its saying media disconnected. when i was tring to
> > > connect
> > > wireless connection i was not able to connect to the router's
> > > configuration
> > > utility as well. and also cant connect to the other computer which a pc.
> > >
> > > can anyone tell whts i m doing wrong coz before using the recovery it was
> > > connecting fine.
> > > thanks
> > > --
> > > any help will be great help

=?Utf-8?B?S3lm?=

i have dowloaded the latest update from intel for my wireless adaptor and
have installed it. now my wireless is connecting to the internet but after 10
min it keeps disconnecting. which is very annoying. could u please help me in
this problem.
thxs
--
any help will be great help