Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > DVD/CD Drive problem

DVD/CD Drive problem

=?Utf-8?B?Um9i?=

I have wiped my hard drive clean, and started over with an xp pro x64/vista
home premium dual boot, every time I do this I go back and follow my install
notes I made the last time, and every time I do the same as last, and still
end up running into problems. This time, I installed about 5 times before I
found out what does not work this week with windows. Any way I am down to my
last problem, When I first install edthe xp x64 onto partition 1 everything
was a.o.k. and after I got done installing everything, that I downloaded, and
put on from a few disks, I noticed that when I put a dvd, or cd in any
opticial drive (I have 4) the window that pops up has no options in it, and
is blank. I can only click at the bottom on ok, or cancel. usualey the window
has things like play cd with media player, play dvd with media player, or
nero, etc, etc. What gives, How do I get this lovely option to come back to
my o.s. to stay for a while?