Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Java Web Start causing Windows Explorer to change colour scheme from Ultimate to Basic

Java Web Start causing Windows Explorer to change colour scheme from Ultimate to Basic

test

Hello,

I have an ASUS G1 notebook with Windows Vista Ultimate. Yesterday the live
timing offered on www.formula1.com required Java Web Start to be installed.
Ever since that program has been installed it is causing problems. Every
time I start Windows Explorer the colour scheme changes from Vista Ultimate
to Vista Basic. When I close Windows Explorer the colour scheme reverts to
the original settings. What is causing this problem and how can it be fixed?

Thanks in advance.

WhzzKdd

"test" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Mo46i.4558$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> I have an ASUS G1 notebook with Windows Vista Ultimate. Yesterday the live
> timing offered on www.formula1.com required Java Web Start to be
> installed. Ever since that program has been installed it is causing
> problems. Every time I start Windows Explorer the colour scheme changes
> from Vista Ultimate to Vista Basic. When I close Windows Explorer the
> colour scheme reverts to the original settings. What is causing this
> problem and how can it be fixed?
>
> Thanks in advance.

You might try updating the Java Runtime Enviroment.
http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp