Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Free Penetration Testing Workshop in Bristol, UK

Reply
Thread Tools

Free Penetration Testing Workshop in Bristol, UK

 
 
=?Utf-8?B?RXhlY3VUcmFpbg==?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-21-2004
This three-hour Penetration Testing workshop will introduce attendees to
hacking techniques and methods used to break into networks. Attendees will
learn how the focus of security has changed in recent years and will see how
penetration testing can make a huge difference in your security program.
Attendees will see live or simulated demonstrations of attacks on computer
systems. There will also be a Metasploit demonstration with directions and
the tools given to attendees to practice at home. Seeing the ease with which
these attacks are carried out will demonstrate the problems faced by
information security personnel every day.

Knowing how attacks are carried out is the first step to defending against
them. Penetration Testers provide an invaluable service to those defending
networks worldwide. This seminar is not a sales event—it is a presentation by
an experienced security professional with years of network attack and defense
experience. Attendees will LEARN about penetration testing and hacking. They
will not just see a demonstration of the frightening tools and attacks.

Outline:
1. Who are the Hackers?
o Introduction
o Attackers; Hackers; Crackers
o How do they work?
o Statistics
2. Hacker’s Methodology
o The process
3. Penetration Testing
o What is Penetration Testing – An Introduction
o Why do you need a Penetration Test?
o Tools used in this process
4. Types of Attacks
o Eavesdropping
o Data Modification
o Identity Spoofing
o Password Based Attacks
o Denial of Service Attack
o Man in the Middle Attack
o Malicious Applets
5. Email Hacking - Demonstration
o Overview
o How it actually happens
6. Metasploit Demonstration
7. Security Objectives
o The CIA Triad ; Data Confidentiality; Data Integrity;Data Availability
o Security Guidelines

8. Intrusion Analysis
o Prevention
o Detection
o Response and Recovery
9. Incident Preparation
o Risk Management
o Host Preparation
o Network Preparation
o Network Policies and Procedures
o A response toolkit
o The Incident Response Team
10. Risk Management
o Asset Identification
o Threat Identification
o Vulnerability Analysis
o Risk Analysis
o Safeguard Selection
o Security Monitoring
11. Why Do We Need Penetration Testers?
o The problem
o Some Statistics
12. Case Study: Putting it all together
13. The Million Dollar Question: Are you Secure?
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
P-Touch
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-21-2004
Well I like short shorts,
>-----Original Message-----
>This three-hour Penetration Testing workshop will

introduce attendees to
>hacking techniques and methods used to break into

networks. Attendees will
>learn how the focus of security has changed in recent

years and will see how
>penetration testing can make a huge difference in your

security program.
>Attendees will see live or simulated demonstrations of

attacks on computer
>systems. There will also be a Metasploit demonstration

with directions and
>the tools given to attendees to practice at home. Seeing

the ease with which
>these attacks are carried out will demonstrate the

problems faced by
>information security personnel every day.
>
>Knowing how attacks are carried out is the first step to

defending against
>them. Penetration Testers provide an invaluable service

to those defending
>networks worldwide. This seminar is not a sales

event?"it is a presentation by
>an experienced security professional with years of

network attack and defense
>experience. Attendees will LEARN about penetration

testing and hacking. They
>will not just see a demonstration of the frightening

tools and attacks.
>
>Outline:
>1. Who are the Hackers?
>o Introduction
>o Attackers; Hackers; Crackers
>o How do they work?
>o Statistics
>2. Hacker?Ts Methodology
>o The process
>3. Penetration Testing
>o What is Penetration Testing ?" An Introduction
>o Why do you need a Penetration Test?
>o Tools used in this process
>4. Types of Attacks
>o Eavesdropping
>o Data Modification
>o Identity Spoofing
>o Password Based Attacks
>o Denial of Service Attack
>o Man in the Middle Attack
>o Malicious Applets
>5. Email Hacking - Demonstration
>o Overview
>o How it actually happens
>6. Metasploit Demonstration
>7. Security Objectives
>o The CIA Triad ; Data Confidentiality; Data

Integrity;Data Availability
>o Security Guidelines
>
>8. Intrusion Analysis
>o Prevention
>o Detection
>o Response and Recovery
>9. Incident Preparation
>o Risk Management
>o Host Preparation
>o Network Preparation
>o Network Policies and Procedures
>o A response toolkit
>o The Incident Response Team
>10. Risk Management
>o Asset Identification
>o Threat Identification
>o Vulnerability Analysis
>o Risk Analysis
>o Safeguard Selection
>o Security Monitoring
>11. Why Do We Need Penetration Testers?
>o The problem
>o Some Statistics
>12. Case Study: Putting it all together
>13. The Million Dollar Question: Are you Secure?
>.
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
=?UTF-8?Q?Frisbee=C2=AE?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-21-2004
ExecuTrain wrote:
> This three-hour Penetration Testing workshop


BOY DID YOU EVER GET MY ATTENTION!

SO LIKE HOW CAN I PENETRATE FOR THREE HOURS? ISN'T IT DANGEROUS TO HAVE AN
ERECTION FOR THAT LONG? HOW MUCH IS IT? OKAY, BYE

 
Reply With Quote
 
Consultant
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-21-2004
i always do free penetration testing. it's funny, i can always manage to
penetrate.

"ExecuTrain" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> This three-hour Penetration Testing workshop will introduce attendees to
> hacking techniques and methods used to break into networks. Attendees
> will
> learn how the focus of security has changed in recent years and will see
> how
> penetration testing can make a huge difference in your security program.
> Attendees will see live or simulated demonstrations of attacks on computer
> systems. There will also be a Metasploit demonstration with directions and
> the tools given to attendees to practice at home. Seeing the ease with
> which
> these attacks are carried out will demonstrate the problems faced by
> information security personnel every day.
>
> Knowing how attacks are carried out is the first step to defending against
> them. Penetration Testers provide an invaluable service to those defending
> networks worldwide. This seminar is not a sales event-it is a presentation
> by
> an experienced security professional with years of network attack and
> defense
> experience. Attendees will LEARN about penetration testing and hacking.
> They
> will not just see a demonstration of the frightening tools and attacks.
>
> Outline:
> 1. Who are the Hackers?
> o Introduction
> o Attackers; Hackers; Crackers
> o How do they work?
> o Statistics
> 2. Hacker's Methodology
> o The process
> 3. Penetration Testing
> o What is Penetration Testing - An Introduction
> o Why do you need a Penetration Test?
> o Tools used in this process
> 4. Types of Attacks
> o Eavesdropping
> o Data Modification
> o Identity Spoofing
> o Password Based Attacks
> o Denial of Service Attack
> o Man in the Middle Attack
> o Malicious Applets
> 5. Email Hacking - Demonstration
> o Overview
> o How it actually happens
> 6. Metasploit Demonstration
> 7. Security Objectives
> o The CIA Triad ; Data Confidentiality; Data Integrity;Data Availability
> o Security Guidelines
>
> 8. Intrusion Analysis
> o Prevention
> o Detection
> o Response and Recovery
> 9. Incident Preparation
> o Risk Management
> o Host Preparation
> o Network Preparation
> o Network Policies and Procedures
> o A response toolkit
> o The Incident Response Team
> 10. Risk Management
> o Asset Identification
> o Threat Identification
> o Vulnerability Analysis
> o Risk Analysis
> o Safeguard Selection
> o Security Monitoring
> 11. Why Do We Need Penetration Testers?
> o The problem
> o Some Statistics
> 12. Case Study: Putting it all together
> 13. The Million Dollar Question: Are you Secure?



 
Reply With Quote
 
TechGeekPro
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-28-2004
On Oct 21, 2004 at 8:20am "Frisbee" blathered:

> ExecuTrain wrote:
>> This three-hour Penetration Testing workshop

>
> BOY DID YOU EVER GET MY ATTENTION!
>
> SO LIKE HOW CAN I PENETRATE FOR THREE HOURS? ISN'T IT DANGEROUS TO HAVE AN
> ERECTION FOR THAT LONG? HOW MUCH IS IT? OKAY, BYE


No, it's four hours.

"Although a rare occurrence, men who experience an erection for more than 4
hours (priapism) should seek immediate medical attention." - www.cialis.com

Three is perfectly fine.

--
TechGeekPro, MCNGP #36
MCNGP.com - We're here to help!
I'm TechGeekPro, and I approved this post.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
penetration testing suraku@gmail.com Computer Security 6 07-06-2006 08:20 PM
Account for penetration testing nobiscuit Computer Security 15 08-18-2005 01:21 AM
Penetration testing tools for Cisco router & PIX Simon Watson Cisco 1 05-24-2005 03:15 AM
USB Thumbdrive Thumbprint Penetration Testing Dreez Computer Security 0 01-22-2004 11:19 PM
New book reviews - Snort 2.0, Intrusion Detection with Snort and Hack I.T. - Penetration testing Lord Shaolin Computer Security 2 08-12-2003 08:56 AM



Advertisments