Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Bookmarks in Firefox 2

Bookmarks in Firefox 2

Barry Karas

26/May/2007 14:10

Whereas my bookmarks in the previous version were listed by folder and then
the bookmarks within the folders, the bookmarks in this version are listed
by:

1. Folders -- mostly empty. And then:

2. Bookmarks -- all bookmarks are listed without being in categories.

How would I fix the bookmarks so that the bookmarks are within categories?

Thank you,

Barry Karas

Chalky

"Barry Karas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> 26/May/2007 14:10
>
> Whereas my bookmarks in the previous version were listed by folder and
> then the bookmarks within the folders, the bookmarks in this version
> are listed by:
>
> 1. Folders -- mostly empty. And then:
>
> 2. Bookmarks -- all bookmarks are listed without being in
> categories.
>
> How would I fix the bookmarks so that the bookmarks are within
> categories?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Barry Karas

Bookmarks/organise bookmarks. and then move them to where you want them.

Barry Karas

Thank you.

Unless there is another option, doing what you suggest will take "forever".
However it works.

Barry Karas

"Chalky" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> "Barry Karas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> 26/May/2007 14:10
>>
>> Whereas my bookmarks in the previous version were listed by folder and
>> then the bookmarks within the folders, the bookmarks in this version
>> are listed by:
>>
>> 1. Folders -- mostly empty. And then:
>>
>> 2. Bookmarks -- all bookmarks are listed without being in
>> categories.
>>
>> How would I fix the bookmarks so that the bookmarks are within
>> categories?
>>
>> Thank you,
>>
>> Barry Karas
>>

> Bookmarks/organise bookmarks. and then move them to where you want them.

Chalky

"Barry Karas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Thank you.
>
> Unless there is another option, doing what you suggest will take
> "forever". However it works.
>
> Barry Karas
>
> "Chalky" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> "Barry Karas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>>
>>> 26/May/2007 14:10
>>>
>>> Whereas my bookmarks in the previous version were listed by folder
>>> and then the bookmarks within the folders, the bookmarks in this
>>> version are listed by:
>>>
>>> 1. Folders -- mostly empty. And then:
>>>
>>> 2. Bookmarks -- all bookmarks are listed without being in
>>> categories.
>>>
>>> How would I fix the bookmarks so that the bookmarks are within
>>> categories?
>>>
>>> Thank you,
>>>
>>> Barry Karas
>>>

>> Bookmarks/organise bookmarks. and then move them to where you want
>> them.

But once you have done it you can then place new bookmarks in the folder you
want as you save them.

On May 26, 11:09 am, "Barry Karas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> 26/May/2007 14:10
>
> Whereas my bookmarks in the previous version were listed by folder and then
> the bookmarks within the folders, the bookmarks in this version are listed
> by:
>
> 1. Folders -- mostly empty. And then:
>
> 2. Bookmarks -- all bookmarks are listed without being in categories.
>
> How would I fix the bookmarks so that the bookmarks are within categories?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Barry Karas

open the bookmark manager, and fiddle around with the settings under
View. Does this work?