Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > mscep.dll not working on x64

mscep.dll not working on x64

=?Utf-8?B?TWF0dCBKb2huc29u?=

Trying to use the Simple Certificate Enrollment Protocol (SCEP) Add-on for
Certificate Services, as provided in the Windows Server 2003 Resource Kit,
and also here:

Doesn't seem to work on x64. Assuming it's a 32-bit dll, I tried running
with "Enable32BitAppOnWin64" - with no success. It just shuts down the
application pool and throws a "Service Unavailable" message (and logs a few
W3SVC Event 1039's to the System log).

Is there an x64 version of this dll floating around somewhere? Or something
else I can try to get it to run under WOW64?

Thanks,
Matt Johnson
Brushfire Technology Group
Phoenix, AZ

Charlie Russel - MVP

You can't call a 32-bit DLL from a 64-bit exe. You can, however, call a
32-bit DLL from a 32-bit EXE on x64.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

"Matt Johnson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Trying to use the Simple Certificate Enrollment Protocol (SCEP) Add-on for
> Certificate Services, as provided in the Windows Server 2003 Resource Kit,
> and also here:
>
> Doesn't seem to work on x64. Assuming it's a 32-bit dll, I tried running
> with "Enable32BitAppOnWin64" - with no success. It just shuts down the
> application pool and throws a "Service Unavailable" message (and logs a
> few
> W3SVC Event 1039's to the System log).
>
> Is there an x64 version of this dll floating around somewhere? Or
> something
> else I can try to get it to run under WOW64?
>
> Thanks,
> Matt Johnson
> Brushfire Technology Group
> Phoenix, AZ

Tony Sperling

I have not checked lately, as I remember there isn't anything in the kit
that has 64bit support of any kind, if so the *.DLL can only be called from
a 32bit process that is running under WOW64. That is, assuming it's a 32bit
*.DLL.

Tony. . .