Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Moving pc's

Moving pc's

I have to move some PC's from one office to the other, what is the best way
to park the hard drives?

Thank you,

Charles

T-Bone

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> I have to move some PC's from one office to the other, what is the best

way
> to park the hard drives?

You must disengage the drive gear. If they are newer drives that are
automatic, you just have to find the selector on the drive and move it to P.
Older drives have a manual setting that have to be changed to N or neutral.

T-Bone
MCNGP XL
If you can't find it, grind it

Daniel Wilson

Right. On the manual ones, don't forget to set the brake!
dwilson

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> > I have to move some PC's from one office to the other, what is the best

> way
> > to park the hard drives?

> You must disengage the drive gear. If they are newer drives that are
> automatic, you just have to find the selector on the drive and move it to

P.
> Older drives have a manual setting that have to be changed to N or

neutral.

> T-Bone
> MCNGP XL
> If you can't find it, grind it

Neil

incase you missed it "T-Bone" <reply2me@thenewsgroup> said in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
>> I have to move some PC's from one office to the other, what is the
>> best

> way
>> to park the hard drives?

> You must disengage the drive gear. If they are newer drives that are
> automatic, you just have to find the selector on the drive and move it
> to P. Older drives have a manual setting that have to be changed to N
> or neutral.
>
> T-Bone
> MCNGP XL
> If you can't find it, grind it

I find the most difficult issue is the parallel parking of Hard Drives.
and always remember to use the emrgency brake when parking the drive on
an incline....

--
Neil MCNGP #30

Ken Briscoe

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> > I have to move some PC's from one office to the other, what is the best

> way
> > to park the hard drives?

> You must disengage the drive gear. If they are newer drives that are
> automatic, you just have to find the selector on the drive and move it to

P.
> Older drives have a manual setting that have to be changed to N or

neutral.

The transmission is indeed the best brake. But it never hurts to have the
parking brake on.

--

KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

first initial last name AT gmail DOT com

JaR

In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, T-Bone climbed on a soapbox &
opined:

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
>> I have to move some PC's from one office to the other, what is the
>> best

> way
>> to park the hard drives?

> You must disengage the drive gear. If they are newer drives that are
> automatic, you just have to find the selector on the drive and move it
> to P. Older drives have a manual setting that have to be changed to N
> or neutral.

If they don't have the newer auto selector, I found that just attaching a
large magnet to the side of the drive will usually stop it from slopping
around. If that doesn't work, you can always drill a hole through the
platters, and secure them in place with a bicycle lock.

JaR
Helpful Candidate

Doom

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
>> I have to move some PC's from one office to the other, what is the best

> way
>> to park the hard drives?

> You must disengage the drive gear. If they are newer drives that are
> automatic, you just have to find the selector on the drive and move it to
> P.
> Older drives have a manual setting that have to be changed to N or
> neutral.

My drive doesn't have a P or N. It only has M, CS, and S. Now obviously the
M stands for manual but what do the other ones stand for?

Doom
Gullible Thug

Daniel Wilson

"Doom" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "T-Bone" <reply2me@thenewsgroup> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> >> I have to move some PC's from one office to the other, what is the best

> > way
> >> to park the hard drives?

> > You must disengage the drive gear. If they are newer drives that are
> > automatic, you just have to find the selector on the drive and move it

> > P.
> > Older drives have a manual setting that have to be changed to N or
> > neutral.
> >

> My drive doesn't have a P or N. It only has M, CS, and S. Now obviously

the
> M stands for manual but what do the other ones stand for?
>
> Doom
> Gullible Thug

Ah, yours would be a British drive. S is for Start and CS for Canadian
Start -- for cold-weather operation.

Consultant

slow and crazy slow

"Doom" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "T-Bone" <reply2me@thenewsgroup> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
>>> I have to move some PC's from one office to the other, what is the best

>> way
>>> to park the hard drives?

>> You must disengage the drive gear. If they are newer drives that are
>> automatic, you just have to find the selector on the drive and move it to
>> P.
>> Older drives have a manual setting that have to be changed to N or
>> neutral.
>>

> My drive doesn't have a P or N. It only has M, CS, and S. Now obviously
> the M stands for manual but what do the other ones stand for?
>
> Doom
> Gullible Thug

Doom

> Ah, yours would be a British drive. S is for Start and CS for Canadian
> Start -- for cold-weather operation.

Oh, that's what I thought but I didn't want to sound stupid by mentioning
it.