Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Cisco Licensing Question

Cisco Licensing Question

bphammer@gmail.com

Hi,

I have purchased 40 of the 871W routers. They do not come with the
Advanced IP services installed, which I require for the QOS feature
set. I understand that I can download the Advanced IP Services from
the software center under my smartnet agreement but I need 28MB of
flash memory and they come with 24MB.

No problem gettng the memory but are there any additional licenses
required for the use of Advanced IP services or wth this fixed
configuration device?

Scooby

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Hi,
>
> I have purchased 40 of the 871W routers. They do not come with the
> Advanced IP services installed, which I require for the QOS feature
> set. I understand that I can download the Advanced IP Services from
> the software center under my smartnet agreement but I need 28MB of
> flash memory and they come with 24MB.
>
> No problem gettng the memory but are there any additional licenses
> required for the use of Advanced IP services or wth this fixed
> configuration device?

Yes, you do need licensing. See a Cisco reseller. But, if you just bought
these things, see about returning them and getting the part with the right
image already on it. That would proably cost less than purchasing an
upgrade and memory, depending on if you get charged a restocking fee or not.

Mike Rahl

On May 25, 1:15 pm, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have purchased 40 of the 871W routers. They do not come with the
> Advanced IP services installed, which I require for the QOS feature
> set. I understand that I can download the Advanced IP Services from
> the software center under my smartnet agreement but I need 28MB of
> flash memory and they come with 24MB.
>
> No problem gettng the memory but are there any additional licenses
> required for the use of Advanced IP services or wth this fixed
> configuration device?

If you need Advanced IP services for each unit, then the only license
you need is Advanced IP services. You don't need to load multiple
different programs and files to get the IOS on an 871w. When you get
the licence for advanced IP services, you will have all the features
which that IOS contains

java3d licensing: contact wanted for dev team or licensing spacewar@gmail.com Java 6 09-16-2012 01:40 AM
Cisco ASA 5505 Licensing niteworker@gmail.com Cisco 0 01-06-2010 06:27 PM
cisco licensing tg Cisco 7 01-15-2009 11:19 AM
Cisco ASA 5505 Licensing billybob.ng@googlemail.com Cisco 3 01-03-2009 08:17 AM
Cisco VPN Concentrators and software licensing Mark Shickell Cisco 1 10-15-2003 04:30 PM

Advertisments