Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Computer Home Network

Computer Home Network

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FwZXIgTGFkeQ==?=

I have a wireless computer network which includes 2 laptops (running XP) and
2 desktops (1 is XP other is Win9and a wireless MFC Printer. Everything
worked well until my laptop went in for repairs. It was totally wiped and the
mother board was replaced so i had to start from scratch connecting it to the
network again and reinstalling the wireless printer. I have been able to
connect both the repaired printer and the laptop to the wireless connection
but cannot connect them to the Home network. It denies me access and denies
the other computers access to the repaired computer. Diagnostic test says the
Atheros wireless adaptor failed yet it connects me to the internet. Do i need
to return tis to the repair shop or can you help me connect. thanks for any
help.

Robert L [MVP - Networking]

if turn off the firewall can you ping each other?

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
"Caper Lady" <Caper http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
I have a wireless computer network which includes 2 laptops (running XP) and
2 desktops (1 is XP other is Win9and a wireless MFC Printer. Everything
worked well until my laptop went in for repairs. It was totally wiped and the
mother board was replaced so i had to start from scratch connecting it to the
network again and reinstalling the wireless printer. I have been able to
connect both the repaired printer and the laptop to the wireless connection
but cannot connect them to the Home network. It denies me access and denies
the other computers access to the repaired computer. Diagnostic test says the
Atheros wireless adaptor failed yet it connects me to the internet. Do i need
to return tis to the repair shop or can you help me connect. thanks for any
help.

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
settings,http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html As well as specific adjustment of
each computer according to what it is allowed to be shared.
Vista File and Printer Sharing-
Basic XP -
Printer Sharing XP -
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Caper Lady" <Caper (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a wireless computer network which includes 2 laptops (running XP)
>and
> 2 desktops (1 is XP other is Win9and a wireless MFC Printer. Everything
> worked well until my laptop went in for repairs. It was totally wiped and
> the
> mother board was replaced so i had to start from scratch connecting it to
> the
> network again and reinstalling the wireless printer. I have been able to
> connect both the repaired printer and the laptop to the wireless
> connection
> but cannot connect them to the Home network. It denies me access and
> denies
> the other computers access to the repaired computer. Diagnostic test says
> the
> Atheros wireless adaptor failed yet it connects me to the internet. Do i
> need
> to return tis to the repair shop or can you help me connect. thanks for
> any
> help.

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FwZXIgTGFkeQ==?=

Thank you for thel inks . I have tried some of them.

"Robert L [MVP - Networking]" wrote:

> if turn off the firewall can you ping each other?
>
> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> "Caper Lady" <Caper (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a wireless computer network which includes 2 laptops (running XP) and
> 2 desktops (1 is XP other is Win9and a wireless MFC Printer. Everything
> worked well until my laptop went in for repairs. It was totally wiped and the
> mother board was replaced so i had to start from scratch connecting it to the
> network again and reinstalling the wireless printer. I have been able to
> connect both the repaired printer and the laptop to the wireless connection
> but cannot connect them to the Home network. It denies me access and denies
> the other computers access to the repaired computer. Diagnostic test says the
> Atheros wireless adaptor failed yet it connects me to the internet. Do i need
> to return tis to the repair shop or can you help me connect. thanks for any
> help

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FwZXIgTGFkeQ==?=

I have tried some of this links. Robert's suggestion about pinging and he
info on some of the sites helped me to discover the problem. The settings on
my newly installed Norton 360. Thanks for your help. All is working well now.