Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Persistant cookies and non-persistant cookies.

Persistant cookies and non-persistant cookies.

archana

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me what exactly persistant cookies and non-persistant
cookies means.

I read some where that in non persistant cookies if i am using session
data remains in that cookies untill end of session.

But in persistant cookies, data remains in cookies until it expires.
Does it means that even if session ends data remains in cookies? If
yes what happend if i access same website again?

will it give me previously stored data?

Please correct me if i am wrong.

thanks in advance.

Aidy

A peristant cookie is written to the hard drive and will expire at some
point in the future. A non-persistant one exists only while your browser is
active. If you shut the browser down the cookie is gone. ASP stores your
Session ID in a non-persistant cookie.

Your session data is not stored in the cookie itself but on the server.
Only your session ID is in the cookie.

news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...