Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > 32bit IE 6 crashing Help!!!

32bit IE 6 crashing Help!!!

Spock

Hello Everyone

I find that IE6 32bit version in Windows XP Pro X64 everytime I go to
certain web sites like whitepages that page crashes It says that Internet
Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. blah blah blah
what a crock this only happens uner X64 and is happening more and more
TOO often Has anyone come across this problem before What did you do?

Thanks

Jane C

What addins/extensions do you have running in IE? Did this start to happen
after installing any particular software?

--
Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled
MVP Windows Shell/User
"Spock" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:uf$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello Everyone
>
> I find that IE6 32bit version in Windows XP Pro X64 everytime I go to
> certain web sites like whitepages that page crashes It says that Internet
> Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. blah blah blah
> what a crock this only happens uner X64 and is happening more and more
> TOO often Has anyone come across this problem before What did you do?
>
> Thanks

Rafael [Windows Live Butterfly]

Spock,

Start by providing the URLs that cause the crashing and some specifics
on your machine.

- Rafael

Spock wrote:
> Hello Everyone
>
> I find that IE6 32bit version in Windows XP Pro X64 everytime I go to
> certain web sites like whitepages that page crashes It says that Internet
> Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. blah blah blah
> what a crock this only happens uner X64 and is happening more and more
> TOO often Has anyone come across this problem before What did you do?
>
> Thanks

=?Utf-8?B?UmhpZ2dzeQ==?=

What about installing IE7?
--
Why microsoft?.......Why?

"Spock" wrote:

> Hello Everyone
>
> I find that IE6 32bit version in Windows XP Pro X64 everytime I go to
> certain web sites like whitepages that page crashes It says that Internet
> Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. blah blah blah
> what a crock this only happens uner X64 and is happening more and more
> TOO often Has anyone come across this problem before What did you do?
>
> Thanks

The Moose

On May 24, 11:53 pm, "Spock" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hello Everyone
>
> I find that IE6 32bit version in Windows XP Pro X64 everytime I go to
> certain web sites like whitepages that page crashes It says thatInternetExplorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. blah blah blah
> what a crock this only happens uner X64 and is happening more and more
> TOO often Has anyone come across this problem before What did you do?
>
> Thanks

I have the same error message using IE 6 on Windows ME.

It closes all browser windows when I click on any button in gmail
mailboxes and also when the page has almost finished loading at
reunion.com. It happens every single time at these two sites.

I also get the same error rarely, intermittenly -- haven't see a
pattern to the other occurrences.

What I do know is definitely causing the problem for me is Kasperskey
Antivirus 6.

I just had to to reinstall Windows ME (with a re-format). I did not
get that error message until I installed Kasperskey again. I've been
talking with their tech support. They suggested uninstalling KAV and
installing the most recent version -- no joy.

I was just curious what virus protection you're using and if you have
tried totally uninstalling your virus protection to see if you get the
same error. Even though we're not using the same operating system, it
sounds like the problem might be related because it seems site-
specific.

Barb

Spock

I tried IE7 for 6 weeks just did not like it and had problems accessing
certain dotgov sites
news:(E-Mail Removed)...