Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > upload file to server immed after user selects the file

upload file to server immed after user selects the file

Steve Richter

How do I enable the file upload process to start as soon as the user
selects the file?

currently, I have two INPUT controls on the form. One is type=file and
the other type=submit:
<P><INPUT id="ScriptFile" type="file" runat="server"></P>

<P><INPUT " id="buttonRun" type="submit"
value="Upload and Run" runat="server"></P>

To upload, there is a two step process. The first is to select the
file, the second to click the submit button. I would like the
selection of the file to also submit the form back to the server.

thanks,

-Steve

Masudur

On May 25, 8:47 am, Steve Richter <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> How do I enable the file upload process to start as soon as the user
> selects the file?
>
> currently, I have two INPUT controls on the form. One is type=file and
> the other type=submit:
> <P><INPUT id="ScriptFile" type="file" runat="server"></P>
>
> <P><INPUT " id="buttonRun" type="submit"
> value="Upload and Run" runat="server"></P>
>
> To upload, there is a two step process. The first is to select the
> file, the second to click the submit button. I would like the
> selection of the file to also submit the form back to the server.
>
> thanks,
>
> -Steve

Hi

please check out this post