Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > I cannot connet to my Wireless Router thought the default IP addre

I cannot connet to my Wireless Router thought the default IP addre

=?Utf-8?B?VG9uaQ==?=

When i am going through the browser (after plugging the Ethernet Cable into
my Network Card) and go to '192.168.2.1' it doesn't connect and just displays
the server error message...not connected...blah blah...you know the one.

Now, when I go into 'Network Connections' in the CP the details panel down
the left-hand side shows my IP as 169.254.151.97 and SubNet Mask as
255.255.0.0 but no Gateway/DNS Servers??

What i can do to know the default ip of my wireless router? ... I reseted it
many times pushing the reset boton under the router and it doesn't work. Mi
wireless router is a Belkin Pre-N than was working fine until i tried to use
the free trial of Network Magic to get connect mi wireless router to a
Comcast Cable Modem. And also i would like to get advices about how i can
connect the wireless router with Comcast Cable Modem. THX.

Chuck

On Thu, 24 May 2007 19:19:00 -0700, Toni <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>When i am going through the browser (after plugging the Ethernet Cable into
>my Network Card) and go to '192.168.2.1' it doesn't connect and just displays
>the server error message...not connected...blah blah...you know the one.
>
>Now, when I go into 'Network Connections' in the CP the details panel down
>the left-hand side shows my IP as 169.254.151.97 and SubNet Mask as
>255.255.0.0 but no Gateway/DNS Servers??
>
>What i can do to know the default ip of my wireless router? ... I reseted it
>many times pushing the reset boton under the router and it doesn't work. Mi
>wireless router is a Belkin Pre-N than was working fine until i tried to use
>the free trial of Network Magic to get connect mi wireless router to a
>Comcast Cable Modem. And also i would like to get advices about how i can
>connect the wireless router with Comcast Cable Modem. THX.

What operating system is the computer running? If Vista, this article should be
of interest.
<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928233>
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928233

Now, an IP address of 169.254.x.x is an APIPA address, and you get that when
your computer can't contact a DHCP server. Did installing Network Magic involve
any changes to the router? If so, you need to check the manual for the router,
and find out how to reset the router to factory specs. That should turn the
DHCP server on, and let your computer connect.

What make and model is the cable modem? Is it setup as a modem, or as a router?

--
Cheers,
Chuck, MS-MVP [Windows - Networking]

How to connet to sage Line 50 shieldguy ASP .Net 0 08-07-2006 12:07 PM
Trying to connet to Telia(Skanova) ADSL provider in Sweden with 837 Christer Bergstrom Cisco 3 07-10-2005 11:56 AM
Eathernet bridge wont connet =?Utf-8?B?Rk1Q?= Wireless Networking 0 06-21-2005 04:29 PM
Why connet refuse?? wolf ASP .Net 0 02-19-2004 03:11 PM
connet with friends computer ICee Computer Support 3 12-26-2003 03:44 PM

Advertisments