Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Save a Printer Custom Page size - How?

Save a Printer Custom Page size - How?

Martin @nohere.net

Hi
I have a Canon ip4200
Is it posible to save a custom size page so that it is available in
the page size drop down box
I know how to make a custom size page, but how do I save it when I
need several custom sizes without having to keep changing margins
Thank you
--
Martin

why?

On Thu, 24 May 2007 14:56:10 GMT, Martin wrote:

>Hi
>I have a Canon ip4200
>Is it posible to save a custom size page so that it is available in
>the page size drop down box
>I know how to make a custom size page, but how do I save it when I
>need several custom sizes without having to keep changing margins

If you can't make a custom page size for the printer dropdown options,
how about a custom / template page for the application you print from.

>Thank you

Me

Martin @nohere.net

On Thu, 24 May 2007 15:42:44 GMT, why?

>If you can't make a custom page size for the printer dropdown options,
>how about a custom / template page for the application you print from.

I've done that thanks, but I still need to adjust the printer page
size to 5.5" W x 10.5" H, or the printer will go to A4 default size
--
Martin

Flyer

<Martin @nohere.net> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
> I have a Canon ip4200
> Is it posible to save a custom size page so that it is available in
> the page size drop down box
> I know how to make a custom size page, but how do I save it when I
> need several custom sizes without having to keep changing margins
> Thank you

Assuming XP,open your printers folder, click on File > Server Properties,
and create your custom paper/form size there.

P.

why?

On Thu, 24 May 2007 16:50:33 GMT, Martin wrote:

>On Thu, 24 May 2007 15:42:44 GMT, why?
>
>>If you can't make a custom page size for the printer dropdown options,
>>how about a custom / template page for the application you print from.

>I've done that thanks, but I still need to adjust the printer page
>size to 5.5" W x 10.5" H, or the printer will go to A4 default size

You didn't mention OS....may not be important.

1st hit www.google.com

Results 1 - 10 of about 1,290,000 for windows xp custom paper size.
(0.11 seconds)

http://www.pubassist.com/XPCustom_paper_size.htm
How to set up a custom paper size for labels in Windows XP

by Ron Lawrence

I placed a request out on one of the Foxpro developer forums, and got
the answer to the custom paper size problem. Apparently, in XP, paper
sizes are defined in what are called "forms", which are independent from
the printer drivers.

You can define a new form by selecting the "Printers & Faxes" option on
the "Start" menu. From there, click on the "File" menu at the very top.
Select the "Server Properties" option. On the Properties dialog, you'll
see the "Forms" tab. Check the "Creat New Form" box and you will be
able to update the form name and size fields. Click on "Save Form" to
save your new form.
In my testing, I created a new form for a 3 inch high by 4 inch wide
label, and named the form, "1Up Shipping Labels".
<snip rest of article>

Me

Martin @nohere.net

Thank you very much why